24. Having a Heart-to-Heart

Kendall went out to see where Charlie went.

"Charlie?" Kendall was calling out.

 Kendall heard sobbing from Charlie and tried to look where he was until he spotted him on one side of the house where he was hiding away. Kendall approached Charlie as he was crying on his knees, and it broke his heart to see his little friend like this.

"Charlie?" Kendall called to him.

Charlie lifted his head and wiped the tears from his face he looked up at Kendall.

"Are you okay?" Kendall asked.

Charlie sniffled and nodded before Kendall bent down and handed him the blanket.

"Your mom asked me to give you this, 'cause it's very cold out here and she wouldn't want you freezing to death," Kendall explained.

"Thanks, Kendall," Charlie took the blanket and wrapped it around himself.

Then Kendall sat himself down next to Charlie.

"Charlie, I'm so sorry. We all feel terrible for what Mr. Wonka was doing to you. We swear we didn't know what he was thinking. I know how much you had been dying to know about how Mr. Wonka's candy was made," Kendall said.

"I'm glad to hear you say that, but it doesn't matter anymore, because I had to do the right thing when I always have to put my family first. Even though, I was scared that I would disappoint you and everyone else," Charlie stated sadly.

Charlie looked away from Kendall, still feeling the sadness in his eyes.

"Aww, cheer up, sport. You could never disappoint any of us. You made the right choice. You don't have to be afraid to do or say something if it's the right thing to do for the sake of your family, and the rest of us. Even for me and Katie, and James, Carlos, Logan, my mom, and Gustavo and Kelly, even though you hardly know the two. But mostly, we're the only people in your life who love and care about you, and it's all what matters to you," Kendall explained. 

Charlie smiled a teeny bit and went in to hug Kendall and he hugged him back.

"Thanks, Kendall. You've been such a great friend to me for a while, and during that time, I've started to wonder how this could've been one of the best things that ever happened to me."

"Me too," Kendall agreed.

Then they released from the hug before they went back into talking.

"So, was it really Mr. Wonka's idea to take me to his factory but away from my family forever?" Charlie questioned.

"No. I mean... Well, I don't know. But we didn't see it coming. And for sure, it seemed harsh," Kendall answered.

Charlie let out a few more tears but tried to wipe them away.

"Yeah, and it did hurt a whole lot in here," Charlie pointed at his heart.

Kendall sighed and stroke some of Charlie's hair in comfort before saying, "I know, pal. I know."

When he stopped stroking Charlie's hair, he crossed his arms and began rubbing up between them and his close to his shoulders. Kendall started shivering.

"Are you getting cold, Kendall?" Charlie asked.

"Just a little," Kendall replied.

Charlie unwrapped one side of the blanket and Kendall scooted in to wrap it around him.

"Is that okay?" Charlie asked again.

"Yeah," Kendall nodded.

Charlie smiled a bit once again as he wiped away more of his tears and started to feel a little better.