28. Mr. Wonka Rights His Wrongs with Charlie and BTR

*two weeks later*

Charlie's POV
It's been two weeks since the incident with Mr. Wonka and the boys of Big Time Rush and Katie went back home in Los Angeles. I've been in contact with the boys and Katie as they have been doing the same with me. I'm glad we've been keeping with in touch with each other. Especially when I couldn't stop thinking about Katie. I'm really in love with that girl, but I never actually told her about it yet...

For a while, I was working and I got started on polishing the next customer's shoes. A man was reading a newspaper from behind, not showing his face much.

"Pity about that chocolate fellow, Wendall, uh, Walter..." the man whose voice which sounded familiar said.

"Willy Wonka," I corrected him.

"That's the one," the man continued. "Says here in the papers his candies aren't selling very well. But I suppose maybe he's just a rotten egg who deserves it."

"Yep," I agreed.

"Oh really? You ever met him?" he asked.

"I did. I thought he was great at first, but he didn't turn out so nice. But his co-chocolatiers for the day, I met them once before and then again. They happened to be a band and they were nice to me when I met them. And there was one band member who had a sister and she was so sweet and gentle..."

I stopped myself for a moment when I was thinking of Katie again. Then I snapped out of it before I continued talking.

"Anyway, about Mr. Wonka... Actually, I'm thinking about that he also has a funny haircut."

Then the man slammed his newspaper down and said, "I do not!"

Mr. Wonka... I was surprised to see him when he was listening to the things I was saying. I didn't know he was insulted by the last detail I talked about.

"Why are you here?" I questioned.

"I don't feel so hot," Mr. Wonka scoffed. "What makes you feel better you feel terrible?"

"My friends and my family," I answered.

"Ew," Mr. Wonka was grossed out when heard the word "family".

"What do you have against my family?" I questioned once again.

"It's not just your family, it's the whole idea of.."

Mr. Wonka tried to say "parents" but he croaked in his throat. I never understood why it made him struggle.

"You know, they're always telling you what to do, what not to do and it's not conducive to a creative atmosphere," he told me.

"Usually, they're just trying to protect you, because they love you," I made a point.

Mr. Wonka looked away from me for a second.

"If you don't believe me, you should ask," I said.

"Ask who? My father? Ha! No way," Mr. Wonka scoffed again.

"You know, a little while ago, Katie told me about what happened to her and Kendall's father," I told him.

"Really?" he asked.

I nodded.

"Katie mentioned that she was barely born before her father left her with Kendall and their mother, so she's been raised by both of them since then. Katie also mentioned that Kendall has been like a father figure to her. It's always his job to protect and love his little sister, because that's what big siblings do for little siblings sometimes. Same with parents when they know what to do and what's best for their children," I explained.