22. Charlie's the Only One Left/Up and Out/Kids Going Home

Katie's POV
We were heading to the elevator after the lights went out in the Television Room. Mike was the last one to be eliminated after the three other kids. Little did we know, Charlie was the winner.

"There's so much left to see. Now, how many children are left?" Mr. Wonka asked.

The guys and I all got excited as we took off our goggles.

"Mr. Wonka, Charlie's the only one left now," Grandpa Joe said as the grandfather and grandson took off their goggles.

"He's even the only kid who never did anything wrong after what happened to the other kids," I reminded Mr Wonka.

He became very much surprised.

"You mean you're the only one left?" He questioned Charlie.

"Yes, sir," Charlie whispered happily.

"What happened to the others?" Mr. Wonka asked when he started to wonder.

He started to smile.

"Oh, my dear boy! That means you won!" Mr. Wonka said when he started to shake hands with Charlie.

The guys and I cheered.

"Yeah buddy!" James yelled excitedly.

"Charlie! Charlie! Charlie!" Carlos chanted.

"I do congratulate you, I really do. I'm absolutely delighted. I had a hunch, you know, right from the beginning. Well done," Mr. Wonka congratulated Charlie.

As they stopped shaking hands, the guys high fived and hugged Charlie and ruffled his hair a little.

I went up to hug him.

"Yes, Charlie! I knew it had to be you!" I said happily.

We jumped up and down with excitement for a bit until we stopped.

"Alright, now we mustn't dilly or dally. Because we have enormous number of things to do before the day's out," Mr. Wonka said.

"Right," the guys and I said together at realization.

Then, Mr. Wonka started to walk to the elevator.

"But luckily for us, we have the Great Glass elevator to speed things al—"

He bumped himself into the closed elevator doors and fell down. We gasped in shock to see it happen.

"Mr. Wonka, are you okay?" I asked.

He got himself back up.

"I'm fine, cocoa bean," he responded. "...speed things along," he finished his sentence.

Then he pushed the button as we threw away our goggles in the trash bin before we walked in the elevator. Then, Mr. Wonka pushed a button that said "Up and Out".

"Up and Out. What kind of room is that?" Charlie questioned.

"Hold on," Mr. Wonka said to Charlie as we looked up above.

The elevator started rising up and it was speeding faster .

"Oh my goodness. We're going to need more much faster. Otherwise, we'll just never break through," Mr. Wonka said.

"Break through what?" Charlie asked.

Mr. Wonka smiled and said, "I've been longing to press that button for years."

Suddenly, the elevator started to go even faster than ever.

"Well, here we go. Up and out," Mr. Wonka said excitedly.