You Are My Darkness, My Only Darkness. ‹𝟹

:) Not NightBow, but... 

Enjoy. 

˗ˏˋ ꒰ ♡ ꒱ ˎˊ˗

"But Daaaaad, I'm not tired!" the black haired child whined as he was carried down the dimly lit hallway of the Nightmare Palace.

"Ah ah," the other chided. "You've already been up way past your bedtime, I even gave you 10 more minutes to play." The child huffed in his carrier's arms, to which the golden man chuckled, but thank god gave no further argument.

Eventually, the two arrived at the dark oak wood door at the end of the hallway, not far from a more elegant nether-wood door engraved with gold.

They chose the former and entered the nearly pitch black room, lit only by faint clusters of magma blocks here and there. The older man gently laid the younger steve on the silk black blankets of his bed, tucking them in once they'd wiggled their way under.

The yellow and black marked steve sat down on the edge of the plush mattress, smoothing out the wrinkles of the comforter atop of the other. He smiled, wholeheartedly so.

"Would you like for me to sing to you?" he asked. The other only groaned loudly, not even trying to suppress his annoyance.

"I'm too old for that stuff now!" he proudly exclaimed. "I don't need to." The older smiled again, a bit of sadness lacing it as he gazed at the child.

"Alright, I guess so," he sighed. "You are getting too big for it." He began to stand, but little arms wrapped around his arm and led him right back to where he was.

"Never mind, please? Please sing for me again?" The golden haired man smiled, and sat back down on the bed. The small boy quickly shuffled back to lay his head down on the silky, soft pillows.

"You are my darkness, my only darkness~" The man's voice was soft and smooth; it rolled through the air with ease, reaching the boy's ears and filling him with comfort.

"You make me happy, when nights turn day~" He pulled the covers up to the smaller's little shoulders and the latter snuggled up further under the covers; it made the older's lips turn up into a smile sweeter than honey.

"You'll never know dear~ how much I Love You~" The gold and black steve cupped the other's cheek, and the child leaned into the warm touch of familiar comfort; his eyes began fluttering closed as sleep caressed the edges of his mind.

The last words were spoken as nothing more than a whisper.

"Please don't take my darkness away."

The man kept singing softly to the child, gazing at him as the dark haired boy slowly drifted off into the realm of dreams. Even after he knew that the other had fallen asleep completely, the steve lingered for just a few minutes more admiring the sweet, innocent child.

"Oh, slave~" whispered a singsong voice from around the corner of the doorway. The golden man sucked in a faint breath, squeezing his eyes shut and tensing for a few moments before deflating. Hesitantly, the steve slowly stood up and walked towards the doorway.

He stole one last look at the child laying peacefully in the bed, snoring softly and curled up under the comforters. The man smiled, with more sadness than joy this time, before walking out of the door and gently closing it behind him, careful not to wake the boy.

Once he turned the doorknob back up, he spared a glance at the shadowy figure at the end of the hallway; it's dark tendrils of smoke wisped towards him, as if beckoning the man to come along. They swirled off of its form like smoke, and its presence seemed to thicken the air in the golden man's lungs as if it were truly so.

The steve sighed, shoulders slumping forward. With effort, he released the doorknob from his slightly shaking grasp.

Finally, he stood up straight and took a deep breath, collecting himself. And as he did so, he made a silent promise to the boy fast asleep on the other side of the wall, before turning towards the shadow figure, following it further and further away from his son to once again meet his fate.

𓆩♡𓆪

"You are my darkness."

Fire.

"My only darkness."

A biome of snow.

"You make me happy"

A curious machine.

"When nights turn day."

A king falling to his knees.

"You'll never know dear"

The sound of screaming as he cradles a corpse.

"How much I Love You..."

A whisper.

"Please don't take my darkness away..."

˗ˏˋ ꒰ ♡ ꒱ ˎˊ˗

I bet you thought you were reading fluff, huh? 

WRONG. Angst instead :D 

I hope you cried, or at least felt sad ☺️. But don't worry, we got the spicy coming up R E A L soon *insert a heavenly host of way too many emojis* -> 🫢🫣🥵😳😝🌚😉😏👌 

Y'all know the drill!! Have a great rest of your day, hydrate, don't die-drate, eat, go to the bathroom, take a shower, get some good sleep, and until then, l'm your host LowkeyKosmic, and I'll see you guys next week for another weekly NightBow fanfiction. (I swear it's gonna be true this time I SWEAR-) 

Bye!!!!

[Word Count: 862]