The Sin On My Lips ~ pt I

Letz GOOOOOOO

˗ˏˋ ꒰ ♡ ꒱ ˎˊ˗

hhhwwwwWWWHOOSH!

Rainbow Steve flew backwards just in time to dodge another fireball coming his way. It rushed right past his ear, not 3 inches away, slightly singeing the violet edges of his hair. He didn't have so much as 3 seconds to breathe before yet another one blasted towards him.

Rainbow Steve and Nightmare Steve were fighting. Again. He'd been attacking the Rainbow Town quite consistently these past few weeks, barely giving the trio time to regroup before another attack happened. Most times Nightmare would arrive and cause just enough chaos to hurt them, but not nearly as much as he could if he'd really wanted to tear their world apart. Just being a painful nuisance. It was annoying, really. And this time was no different.

Rainbow glanced over to the now lava-covered lake. Upon arrival, Nightmare Steve had flown above it and placed a massive ball of lava on its surface, messing up the water completely, creating obsidian and cobblestone galore. And Rainbow had just finished repairing the temple that was damaged in the last attack. So having yet another mess to clean up that just from looking at Rainbow knew it would take a while to fix; that'd pissed him off. So he'd flown up to meet the dirty-blonde-inconvenience where he stood in the sky, and now they were here.

"Awh, getting tired already 'Bow?~" said inconvenience teased upon seeing the colorful steve drop slightly lower to ground. Rainbow looked up at Nightmare, scowling. The man was blocking out the Sun with his shoulder, allowing it to illuminate the edges of his intimidating figure in gold. Fireball charging in his hand, a smug, carefree smile danced across the villain's scarred lips.

All of a sudden, that tall figure rushed from blocks away to right in front of him. Rainbow flinched, their faces inches apart. Red eyes burned like firey rubies into the swirling rainbow ones that stared back at them.

A silky smooth whisper spoke through the silence. "Because I thought we were just getting... warmed up~" Nightmare breathed softly into Rainbow's ear. He shivered. Ironically, his body temperature began to rise and he started to sweat. His face flushed. The steve could practically hear his own heartbeat pounding throughout his frozen-still body. He might've just stayed there like that if not for the sudden heat of a fireball coming closer to his side that broke Rainbow out of his trance.

The smaller man quickly grabbed the other's shoulders, brought his knees up, and kicked as hard as he could directly into the Nightmare's diaphragm.

He pushed off and flipped backwards, gliding through the air and gracefully landing on the flowery grass in front of the Rainbow Tree of Life. His enemy, however, had to drop a little rougher than intended to the ground, fighting for a few brief moments to get air back into his lungs before straightening back up, re-composing himself with yet another grin on his face.

Rainbow could just not get rid of that grin, could he?

"Now that wasn't very nice, was it?" Nightmare Steve said. Rainbow tossed a painfully sweet smile of his own at him before retaliating.

"Nope!~ Not after that pun it wasn't." He changed his stance to one more mocking, with his hands behind his back and tilting his face down to look innocently at the other, big pretty eyes blinking slowly. "Y'know, maybe if you were actually funny then I wouldn't have done that." The black and gold man shouted a laugh.

"HAH! Oh, now there's that bratty little shit I love fighting so much!" The colorful steve huffed and began to fly back up, preferring the rest of the fight to occur away from his home. Nightmare Steve smiled once more, and shot into the air to meet his rival halfway.