Nightmares

I'm almost done with the first chapter of The Masquerade, so hang tight!!!! It'll be out by Thursday! :D 

So until then, I wanted to get something out for y'all real quick. Enjoy! 

˗ˏˋ ꒰ ♡ ꒱ ˎˊ˗

It was 3 AM. Nightmare Steve was laying in his bed, sipping tea and reading a lovely new book. He'd just finished the chapter and was about to turn off the lamp to his bedside when he heard the pitter patter of feet. They came down the hallway and stopped at his door. There was a quiet knock, an invitation, and Rainbow Steve came into the room. He was wearing nothing but boxers and a very oversized T-shirt, holding his favorite fluffy blanket; not too hot, not too cold, just right as he always described it. Nightmare got up and walked over to him.

"Rainbow, why are you up this late?" he said, concerned. The colorful steve was usually always fast asleep by 11. The steve in question looked down, averting his gaze.

"I... I had a nigh-" He caught himself, sparing a glance at the other and started over again. "I had a bad dream." Nightmare looked at the man. His eyes were glistening with tears, hands fidgeting with the blanket. He smiled, wanting to comfort him. This wasn't the first time something like this happened. He knew exactly what to do.

"Alright, come 'ere pretty boy," Nightmare said, scooping him up bridal style and carrying him over to his bed. Rainbow protested at first, but then gave in and allowed himself to plop down on the soft mattress with a small giggle. Nightmare climbed on the bed with him, pulled back the sheets to get them both in, and then took Rainbow in his arms, holding him close to his muscular chest. They snuggled up together, breathing deeply, content like this.

"What did you dream about?" Nightmare asked gently while petting the Steve's multicolored hair. Rainbow just snuggled his face deeper into the other's chest, mumbling a few words and then falling silent. "Rainbow..." he promoted. "Come on, you'll feel better after talking about it." And so Rainbow looked up, and that's exactly what he did.

"I-I dreamed..." He trailed off. Nightmare waited patiently, holding him closer as to further encourage him. It seemed to work, because Rainbow Steve continued. "I dreamed that, that there was a new enemy, and he captured Sabre and Lucas and the others, and then I was in a really dark forest, and then we were there, and, and you were there too." Rainbow hid deeper into his chest. Nightmare Steve listened intently, patiently waiting for the other to continue. "A-and then the guy... they were hurting you, a-and they made me watch, and I c-couldn't move a-and so I was useless and I couldn't d-do anything to help you, and th-then... and then..." Rainbow trailed off, then gave up and began to cry. Nightmare held him close, whispering comforting words into his ears, combing his fingers through Rainbow's mess of fluffy hair while drawing small patterns on his back.

"Shh~ It's ok Love. It's ok. It wasn't real, it was just a dream. Nothing more. Sabre is ok, Lucas is ok, everyone you care about is ok. I'm ok. In fact, I'm better than ok with you here with me. Because I Love You Rainbow. My precious, beautiful, wonderful, perfect Rainbow. Everything is going to be ok, my angel. I will never leave you, I'm not going anywhere my darling." Once the other was done, he hummed.

"Hm. Do you feel better now?" He asked. Rainbow thankfully shook his head yes. They both smiled. "Ok baby." Nightmare kissed his head, forehead, nose, and then finally the lips. "I love you. Now get some sleep and if you need to we can talk more about it in the morning if you need, ok?"

"... Ok." Rainbow responded rather meekly. But that was ok. They just cuddled up close for the rest of the night, and countless more to come. A whisper in the night.

"I love you too, Nightmare. I love you so much." 

˗ˏˋ ꒰ ♡ ꒱ ˎˊ˗

Fluff, we love it ☺️ 

Have a great rest of your day, hydrate, don't die-drate, eat, go to the bathroom, take a shower, get some good sleep, and until then, I'm your host LowkeyKosmic, and I'll see you guys next week for another weekly (I SWEAR ITS TRUE THIS TIME (I hope)) NightBow fanfiction.

BYYYYEEEEE!!!! 😙✌️💜

[Word Count: 743]