T E N

- SEEING TRIPLE -

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

     Their reunion was kept short, Liz and Peter walking back into the lab as everyone was dispersed having already been working on their projects for over an hour before Liz had even got there.

     They were of course overjoyed to see each other, but at the moment it was still overwhelming. After all, Peter thought she was dead and Liz didn't think she'd ever see him again.

     He'd gotten back to what he was doing earlier, Liz nearly laughing at the sight of him with a lab coat worn over his suit.

     She started towards him to help out with Connors' antidote, but as she walked past Peter One with a smile pointed at him, he only frowned and looked away.

     She halted in her path, facing him now and still he wouldn't look at her. She didn't know what she did, but he was never mad at her.

     "All right, I'm running on two hours of sleep right now. Don't make me guess why you're mad at me." She said pulling up a stool to sit beside him as he tweaked a screw on Max's drainer.

     "I'm not mad..." He trailed off, eyes avoiding her own.

     Truth be told, while he was trying to drain Max's electricity earlier, he'd said something about knowing who Liz was. He didn't believe him until he actually saw her with Peter Three. Now it was clear as day.

     "Peter, I've known you for half of your life and the only time you've ever gotten upset with me was when I accidentally knocked over your lego tower." She said matter of factly, Peter huffing at his lame attempt to appear unbothered. "Just tell me what's up."

     He set down the tool pursing his lips as he returned his gaze to hers. "You're from a different universe and you never thought to bring it up? Not even once?"

     "Oh..." Liz's eyes uncontrollably shifted to Peter Three as he added a few elements to the serum, a sigh passing her lips.

     "Why didn't you just tell me?" He questioned, shoulders slumping in hurt.

     "It's not exactly easy to tell people, 'Hey, I died nine years ago and magically came back to life only to wake up in another universe'." She explained, his eyes round in surprise.

     "That look, is why I didn't tell you." She pointed at his features all turned up in confusion of how to react. "An impossible thing happened to me, and unfortunately it's not something I necessarily love the result of."

     "Ouch." He placed a hand to his heart, her words like a kick to the gut. Yes, he could understand why she didn't like what happened, but if it didn't happen, he wouldn't have her.

     "But..." She trailed off, smiling at the boy as she ruffled up his hair. "I couldn't have asked for a better person to be my best friend in this universe."

     Peter shrugged, flattered at her words as he grinned. Then he looked behind him at her universe's Peter and gestured to him in question. "What about him?"

     She chuckled. "My relationships with you two are so drastically different that it's hard to believe you're supposed to be the same person."