Resting in Your Arms

House of Kirstein

Raziela's Room

Zale entered and sat on the bed. "Raziela, I heard from Micah that you have returned from your travel", the master of the house sat on the bed. Raziela sat down right away and grabbed her father's shoulder. "How are you feeling father? How is your leg?", Raziel felt like crying. "Look at you worrying about the silliest thing. I am on my feet again and I can kick whoever I want to", Zale gave a short laugh and patted Raziela's head. The lady burrowed her face into his chest as soon as Zale's tomb flashed in her mind. "What are you remembering?", the man asked with a gentle voice.

"Did brother or Sir Cayden tell you anything?", the lady felt like crying but bit on her lips. "Your brother disappeared as soon as I woke up. Sir Cayden went back to the South to transition the marques. He's already on his way back here", the man informed and Raziela could feel her soul being seeped from her. "Here is a letter from the Emperor, he would like to invite me for a delayed celebration. Gaius don't want to take the credits and told me to attend instead of him", Zale signed.

"Then, does that mean that he will also go?", Raziela pulled from the hug. "He won't so I am taking you with me. Although he was knighted as the Crown Prince's guard, he declined to be there during the recognition", the man answered.

Few days after,

Royal Hall

"I am honored to see you, Lady Raziela", Sienna greeted nervously

"I am honored to see you, Lady Raziela", Sienna greeted nervously. Ciaran was standing in front of her as well making the atmosphere more intense. "You're bowing too low", Ciaran noticed. She stood properly and was taller than Sienna. "I had always wanted to say that the lady is with great posture", Sienna commended. "I haven't attended much of the social gatherings so I would like to take it slow this time", Raziela looked around to see where the Crown Prince was so that she could avoid confrontation with him. "Since you are here, would it hurt if you would give a greeting to his highness?", the suggestion sent shivers to her spine. The lady turned and saw the princess smiling.

"You haven't visited that often, Lady Raziela. I would have loved to drink tea with you and talk about many things", Elaine held her hand. "So much generosity, your Highness. Some things happened in the past and I don't want my presence to be of offense", Raziela was referring to the engagement. "Are you worried that my brother would throw a fit about being rejected?", she chuckled.