A Laugh of Victory

Palace Corridor 

The Crown Prince stayed longer than usual so Raziela for her guard duties. No knights were training this time of day. The moon is illuminating the corridor and shows the beauty of the strong-looking posts. The wind blew and some of her hair got stuck on the mask. She removed it to remove the strand of hair. 

"You're not the kind of person who would extend your work time", the lady heard a familiar voice. She was about to wear the mask back but it was slapped away from her. 

Ciaran had Gaius' face flash in his mind and compared it to the one who was in front of him now

Ciaran had Gaius' face flash in his mind and compared it to the one who was in front of him now. Without anything else in mind, Raziela turned and attempted to escape but the Captain was quick on his feet and grabbed her hand. "Raziela?", he was startled. "You are mistaken, Ciaran. You might be seeing things because of the poor light", she still tried to escape the situation she was in. "That explains why you seemed different. I cannot believe that you changed this much", Ciaran felt it difficult to swallow how she had more healthy than how she was before. 

Raziela turned to see the man with such concerned face. "What kind of game is your brother playing this time? When I see him, I'm going to punch him for good. Does he think that conquering the North gave him an excuse to let his sister disguise as him so that he can play around?", the Captain had his eye twitching in annoyance. 

I see. I can work with that story. 

"Let's give him a short vacation. He must be tired. This will only be temporary so there is no need to make a big deal out of this", Raziela waved her other hand. Ciaran sighed and patted the lady's head. "Don't strain yourself too much. You're not good with heavy work, right? Since when did you switch? Just recently, I had a sparring with your arrogant brother just after he was knighted", Ciaran led Raziela still holding her hand. 

That's still me. 

"I see. Did he annoy you again?", Raziela used her female voice. "I was near to breaking his neck but my sister stoped me. He's fortunate", Ciaran answered. The lady held on her neck. 

I could have died at that time. Lying is so difficultult. 

Few days after, 

Palace Lake

"I'm nervous!!! Each day that passes makes me feel anxious with my coming of age!", Elaine splashed water on Raziela as the princess kicked the water on the lake. "Be careful Your Highness. You might fall on the lake", the knight wiped her face with a handkerchief. "Sir Kirstein, you're so beautiful that sometimes, I wonder how you'd look like if you were a woman", the princess commented.