Better Left Unsaid

Palace

Crown Prince's Office

Raizela stands behind him while reading some letters. "Since you had your coronation, it's also time to choose a fiance", Avneil pointed out. He is from the House of Dacre, known for owning mines. Avneil feels the tension between the two. 

 "I'll break your spectacles if you bring that up once more", Edel threatened and held tight to his pen

"I'll break your spectacles if you bring that up once more", Edel threatened and held tight to his pen. With his annoyance, he might stab Avniel to relieve the tension building inside him. The Crown Prince flinched recalling the knight behind him. He realized how he lost his composure and cleared his throat. "Unlike him, you're not required to be with me all the time. The palace is filled with Imperial Knights. I will call you if I need some assistance. You can go now", Edel permitted.

"Can I speak my mind, Your Highness?", Raizela asked. Contrary to what the rumors say, the knight doesn't have a hoarse and violent voice. He is rather soft-spoken. "Feel free to do so", the man placed his pen on the table. "The reason why I don't leave your side is because of the Imperial Knights. I never had engagements with them so I don't know how to interact with those who have the total opposite tasks as ours, the Knight of the Order", Raizela explained.

If you're that great, why do you talk with such a voice? This makes me more mad that he's not being ignorant in front of me. 

"As my knight, you should stop being intimidated by rumors. Who said you have different tasks from those of the Imperial Knights? You are both working for the Empire. The Knight of the Order makes sure the enemies won't be able to disturb the peace and the Imperial Knight are maintaining that peace in the Empire. The Knight of Order is the sword and the Imperial Knights are the shield. But still, why are you still wearing a mask?", Edel stood and turned to look at Raizela who was already looking at him. He averted his eyes and saw knights at the training ground. "I had my face slashed by an enemy. It is still healing", Raziela lied. 

"I would be asking for the Royal physician to look after you. Although, their fighting skill might have rusted because there's less fighting in this place. I will just bore you with this paperwork. I assign you to train them", Edel ordered. "I will. Your Highness. Also, my sister is already tending to wounds", the knight gave a bow and left the room. The atmosphere around Edel turned more depressing at the mention of the female sibling of Kirstein. 

But at least, I can just shove him away. 

Edel clenched in the air as if he was successful at something. "So, you've been trying to get rid of him all this time", Avniel noticed it. "He's the man who slaughtered the enemy and brought the head of the Emperor of the North. He was said to be the same age as mine but he's the reason why we conquered more lands. His stature is smaller than mine and he looks more frail but he's gaining the praise of my father, the Emperor", the Crown Prince crossed his arms. He looked below and saw the knight leaving the palace building. "I don't want to say this because your head might go big but your swordsmanship is second to none in the Palace. If you were given the chance to fight the war, you might as well be conquering lands. You have to understand that you are the only son of the Emperor and there is no greater achievement than to stay alive and be the next in line for the throne", Lance tried to lift his master's morale.