Cutting Ties

House of Kirstein

Garden

"It's been a while since we have had a tea party", Raziela all smiles

"It's been a while since we have had a tea party", Raziela all smiles. "I arrived and so you should be basking under my generosity to spend time with you on a rest day", Gaius said as if they owed him something. "I hope your training ends so that Raz will have more guards", Zale stabbed the cake recalling how her daughter defended Cayden. Raziela noticed Gaius' hair growing longer. "Gaius", she called and the lad turned in her direction.

People say that we look a lot when we are this age. Gaius is still growing and this is the time that our height matches. 

 "Let's have a bet", she said and the lad was all ears. "Let's get our hair grow long. If I can pass the exam for being an herbalist, you will keep your long hair. If you become a member of the Imperial Knight Officer, I'll cut mine. But if we both achieve what we both want, let's keep our hair long", Raziela proposed. "Huh? Why do I have to keep it long? What a weird bet. I don't mind, though. I heard that long hair is becoming more popular with ladies", he didn't hesitate to say in front of Zale. "Are you saying that you're going to flirt with the ladies? With such a handsome face, you'd be taking them all", Zale gasped and hugged Raziela.

"Father, I heard that you're sending Cayden to the South to guard the boundary. That's something that the Marques should do. Mind explaining why sent him so randomly?", Raziela was concerned about her not being able to have a training master. "Don't tell me you want to follow him?!", Zale was horrified with the idea.

It'll be another year before the war that will kill my brother would break out. I have to make sure I can at least not die before reaching the Kingdom of the North.

"Take the exam. That'll be 4 months from now. Once you pass, you can pay a visit to the South", Gaius saw a worried look from the lady. "Are you approving of Cayden as your brother-in-law? He's 10 years older than your sister!!!", Zale held onto Gaius' shoulder and shook him violently. "You cannot put Raz on a box. If she decides to be Cayden's wife, what can we do?", the lad shrugged. "Heh, ~ granted that he beat me in a sword battle", Gaius gave a short laugh. "Look at you being confident. I like that", Zale patted his son's back.

I never thought these two would be so involved with my preference.

Capital

"I want to buy Sir Cayden a gift before he leaves", Raziela explained during her return to the town. "Thats so thoughtful of you", Micah had a grin. "Not you as well. He's been helping me out with swo-", she caught herself. "Helping me to gather herbs", Raziela cleared her throat. "What do you think should I give him?", the lady turned to the knights whom his father appointed as her guard.

Sir Cayden will be thrilled with whatever you give him.

How about making him another flower crown?