BONUS CHAPTER: DOROTHY'S 19TH BIRTHDAY (PART 2)

''Cause you got that James Dean daydream look in your eye

And I got that red lip classic thing that you like

And when we go crashing down, we come back every time

'Cause we never go out of style, we never go out of style'

"It's the best gift! I love it!"

"Shooting star, you keep repeating that." Blade's chuckle vibrated above my ear, sending a trail of goosebumps until the sensitive skin at my collarbone.

"Yes, because you keep surprising me with new gifts, and this one is really special. It's the best... forever." I smiled, letting my gaze slide once more to the shooting star at the bottom of my neck, the same reflection I'd seen almost one year ago in my bedroom mirror.

Except now, it was black, indelible ink, and a tiny star was flying close in a unique design Blade had created, whose meaning was obvious. It was representing Stella and me, and it would be forever on my skin that we were his Shooting star and Little star.

"Don't speak too soon, baby." His hand wrapped around mine, stopping my fingers before I could brush the red skin, and instead, all my attention was drawn to the low rasp of his voice. "There's more to come..."

It echoed like a promise, although there were only bad intentions sparkling in the crystalline shades when our gazes met through the mirror, and he slowly kissed my hand.

"But first, I need a few minutes to prepare it. I'll go while Ed makes your bandage, okay?"

Ed, the tattoo artist, I'd forgotten about him, and as Blade stepped away from me, I could take in the heavily tattooed man standing out under the neon lighting, like the white gauze in his hands with all the ink designs around.

He was already back with all the needed supplies to clean and bandage my red skin. Well, the red skin around my new tattoo because the crimson color was spreading until the roots of my hair thanks to Blade's bad intentions in my ear.

"Don't run away, Shooting star. I'll make it worth the wait."

Upon those promising words, I was left alone with Ed, who seemed really entertained by my blush.

One year later, and I was still the greatest attraction around town, whatever town we could be in. Though the tattoo artist had recovered from the initial shock of Blade and I's arrival, and if his eyes widened, it was for another reason once my bandage was done, and Blade still not being back, I asked,

"Do you think I have time for another little tattoo?"

"Um, it depends..."

"It would be on my hand, a small genie lamp, and don't worry, my boyfriend will be too happy to think about cutting your fingers." I offered my best puppy eyes in the hope of offsetting Blade's glare and threats when Ed had asked me to slide down the neckline of my dress to make my tattoo, and it worked.

Okay, maybe I had to add a bill on the counter. But it was worth it, and it wasn't my evil genie who would disagree once it was finished.

"Fuck, Dorothea! You should really be more careful about the tattoos you put on your skin 'cause they'll stay for the rest of your life." He breathed out one of his 'you're crazy' chuckles, the skip of my heart in front of his Cheshire cat smile feeling like the best kind of madness as he held out the door for me, and his eyes found their way to my bandaged finger for the umpteenth time.