EPILOGUE PART 2

'Been waiting for a lifetime for you

Been breaking for a lifetime for you

Wasn't looking for love till I found you

Oh, na-na, yeah

For love, till I found you, oh'

"Get out of the fucking way! My girlfriend's about to have a baby!"

Finally, we didn't need a gun to make the way. We were scary enough between the two of us – three, if we counted the little badass rearranging my guts, though people didn't seem to notice much my large baby bump as they scampered away.

For those who didn't avert their gaze at the sharpness of Blade's killer tone and my groans, their wide eyes were either on my mess of curls, or if they dared, on the tall and dark man with a leather jacket, stained pants, and a disheveled quiff by my side.

We weren't really 'ordinary', and it brought back some memories when we stepped into the maternity ward. Even if the large entrance and its pale blue walls looked nothing like a grungy diner, all heads still turned to us: the two receptionists at the front desk, another pregnant woman who seemed more doubled over than me, and two familiar pairs of dark eyes.

"DD!"

"I'll go ask for a midwife." Blade kissed my cheek, rushing to the front desk as soon as Spencer and Angel joined me, still hand in hand.

Maybe their well-deserved happy ending would come even before the baby.

"How are you feeling?"

"Um, like I'm about to have a baby?" I replied with the only answer I'd come up to describe the mess going through my insides, quickly focusing on something else to distract myself. "And you, how are you already there?"

"We've just arrived," Angel explained, although my eyes stayed as large as I did the calculations.

Their drive had been supposed to be twice as long as Blade and I's, which we'd made way past the speed limit, so it was almost impossible, unless...

"You know your mom." Spencer offered me a small knowing smile, easily reading my widening gaze. "But don't worry. She isn't here. She has to tell the rest of the town first."

"Then, we better hurry up!" I glanced down at my belly, and a new contraction arose at the same time, as if the little badass could understand the urgency.

Everyone could surely feel it in the air, as Blade rushed back with a wheeled bed. "They're preparing the room. Let's go."

I didn't get to ask where he'd found the stretcher, nor if he had the right to take it.

Actually, I didn't even get to say anything as he lifted me onto the bed, and I could only catch a glimpse of Spencer asking Angel to wait here – well, 'if she wanted, he would've liked' – before I was pushed down the hallway, past the speed limit again, a 'good luck, Dorothy' from Angel following us as we headed towards the room, where I would indeed need a lot of luck.

No, in fact, I realized I needed the luck before even entering the room as a tall woman with a white apron and cap was standing in front of the door.

"Mrs. Dorothea Duncan? Miss Morgan isn't here today, so I'll be your midwife."

I wasn't sure we could call it an instinct, but the sound of my full name still rarely announced anything good, and a bad feeling was twisting my stomach more than the contractions when she turned to Blade.