3

18:30 PM | May 10th| LA , Luxury Landing Apartments |__________

18:30 PM | May 10th
| LA , Luxury Landing Apartments |
__________

When i was younger my dad loved rain , he always said it gave him comfort . When it was raining he lwould turn all the lights off in the house and light my mothers favorite lavender scented candles .

He would place them all over the house , then he would bring everyone into the living room and sit us on the couch with a blanket for each of us. His favorite movie would be playing and then we'd all be giving a large , warm bowl of his famous mac n cheese.

No one ever complained , even when mom had work to do and me and Brynn were drowning in homework , we would forget about all that and just savour the moment with him.

After he passed things changed at home , rain just became rain , the sound of the tiny droplets hitting the window was no longer followed by the delicious smell of cheesy pasta.

My moms favorite candles were forgotten and were soon pushed behind the ornaments on the fireplace , left to collect dust.

But , that never stopped me from going upstairs to listen to the rain , snuggled in a blanket with a bowl of Kraft mac n cheese warming my hands. It wasn't my dads but it was better than nothing , I would always do this when i was still living at my moms house.

So once i moved out it just became second nature to me , which is exactly why I sit here freshly out the shower , in my living room with all the lights turned off . The only light in the room came from the amber and vanilla scented candles that I had placed on every shelf.

I had my warm cotton blanket around me and in my lap sat a bowl of mac n cheese , I blew on my food trying to cool it down before shoveling it in my mouth as my eyes stayed trained to the TV. I watched as a thirty year old Jenner Rink stood on her bed and danced around , I always loved this movie.

I used to wish that something like that would happen to me , I would be 13 then wake up one day and be thirty , flirty and thriving . I smiled as i ate another spoonful of macaroni , silently humming along to 'love is a battlefield'.

I put my spoon back into my bowl as my phone began to ring on the table in front of me , I let out a groan then reached over to answer . I accepted without even looking at the caller ID and put the phone up to my ear.

"Darling I've been waiting in the lobby for twenty minutes now , are you nearly ready?" I heard my moms voice ask. I furrowed my brows "Ready ? what are you talking about?" I asked back , genuinely confused .

She let out a small sigh "Kamryn, I told you yesterday that Adonis wanted to take you out somewhere and that I would pick you up" she finished . My fell into a 'o' shape a the realization set in as i remembered the conversation we had while i drove back home from work ; I had completely forgot i agreed to that.