Chapter 67 - Company

"Do you know who it is?" Akira asked, glancing at her.

Kay smirked; she could sense them."The alpha females. They don't like it when I am upset, and I was pretty messed up when I left the compound. Marcus probably told them I came here to clear my head, and they don't believe you should be alone when things go wrong."

I'd not be happy if I went somewhere to be alone and half the people I know arrived on my doorstep," Akira said, uncomfortable with the idea.

There was a time when she would have been uneasy with the thought as well, and yet, it felt right. The door opened, and they glanced toward the house. Adrian, Claudia, Darcy, and Marcella walked toward them.

"We are very sorry to intrude, Your Highness," Adrian said when they reached the Gazebo.

"Kay's family is my family," Akira said to her surprise, and she wasn't the only one slightly taken aback.

"I hope you don't mind us tagging along either," Clio said with Artemis and Hera in tow.

"How did my sorrow turn into a girl's night out?" Kay drawled, but she was already feeling better with the werewolves shoring her emotional reserve with that sense of love and affection that folded around her like a fuzzy blanket.

"We can cry over spilled milk or have a few drinks, share our sorrows, watch a movie, and heal," Marcella suggested.

"Marcella," Adrian admonished almost coldly. "Are you okay?" she asked, sitting beside Kay and taking her hand.

"I am now, and Marcella isn't wrong."

"About the milk or the alcohol?" Hera asked, taking a seat.

"Both," Kay said as Minerva hovered.

"Yes?" she asked.

"Should I prepare rooms for all of them, Your Highness?" she asked, looking a tad uneasy with so many powerful light fae around, like it was an invasion.

"Take those travel mattresses in the store room to the media room, add a few blankets and pillows, and leave a few bowls of snacks lying around," Akira said, surprising everyone again.

"We should come over more often," Darcy drawled, and Akira chuckled.

"I've never had a sleepover," she admitted, and that caused complete silence.

"In two thousand years?" Marcella asked.

"That is a lie, little sister. Hera, Persephone, Clio, and I often had sleepovers, and we took you with us when you were little."

Akira frowned at them. "I do not remember that. When I got older, you were never around. It was just me, Zeus, Azera, and Father until I turned twelve. Father banished Azera, and shortly after that, Zeus married Astarte and left."

Minerva appeared with some waitstaff in tow, carrying trays filled with a selection of mixed drinks and snacks.

"Will snacks be enough, or will we serve dinner, Your Majesty?"

"Kay?" Akira asked.

"I am in the mood for a nice steak," she said, knowing the snacks won't be enough for the wolves.

"That will be all, Minerva. Thank you," Akira dismissed her.

"Why does she somehow remind me of Azera?" Hera asked with a frown.

"She's from Azera's bloodline," Kay said, and from the way Akira glanced at her, her sister didn't know. "I hope you don't hold it against her. She's terrified of having something of her biological mother in her."