𝓛𝓮𝓿𝓮𝓵 𝓽𝔀𝓸

{AKI}

"Thank you so much for the meal, Aki," Y/N smiled at me as we left the shop.

While I did offer to pay for her meal, I didn't expect it to be 10 bowls worth of money. I forgot about her appetite.

"It's nothing," I say lying through my teeth.

Just then I get a call and when I check it's from Miss Makima.

I answer and hear her voice, "Aki, please come pick me up at the office building," she talks sweetly.

'Miss Makima has such a calm voice.'

"Yeah, I'll be right there," I replied.

The phone hangs up and I turn to Y/N, "we're gonna pick up Miss Makima now," I stated and she smiles back.

I wonder if her face ever gets tired of smiling so much.

꘎♡━━━━━♡꘎

We picked Makima up, me and Y/N in the front with Miss Makima in the back.

"As far as I can tell, Denjis disgusting, not "interesting," I said without thinking.

I see Y/N whip her head over to my direction as if she's almost surprised with my sudden words.

"Why do you have such high hopes for him," I asked Miss Makima and this time she looks at me but still doesn't answer.

The light turns green and I start driving, "all devils are born with names," Miss Makima starts, "and the more those names are feared, the more powerful the devil is said to become. Coffee isn't considered very frightening, so a coffee devil would probably be weak."

I register her words for a minute and then she continues, "But what about a car devil? It's easy to imagine being run over and dying  so it would probably be strong."

"Denji can turn into a chainsaw devil, seems really interesting to me." Miss Makima finishes.

{Y/N}

'Amazing how smart Miss Makima is.'

"He might be interesting but I'm not sure he'll be of any use." Aki replied. He must really not like Denji.

"Everyone in public safety has a goal or motivation, but he said he just wants to live a good life. He's a bad fit for our operation."

"What do you think, Y/N?" Miss Makima asked.

"I'll go along with whatever you see fit, Miss Makima," I smile at her through the rear view mirror.

We drop Makima in front of her apartment complex and say our goodbyes. She waves to us as she walks in, even her walk is graceful.

Aki starts driving again but not a minute goes by before I see something in the distance.

"Aki, do you see that?" I asked grabbing his sleeve next to me, looking up I see a bat like devil falling out of the sky.

"Shit," He replies.

꘎♡━━━━━♡꘎

A filler-ish chapter, just getting ready for the next one 💕