𝓛𝓮𝓿𝓮𝓵 𝓯𝓲𝓿𝓮

{Y/N}

"Kobeni, make a double peace sign and stay put." Himeno instructed the scared girl.

The stress of everyone around me has now caused me to stress, without thinking I grab Aki.

Kobeni makes a double peace sign and we soon see Himeno at the top of the stairs as well.

We really are stuck here.

"Aki..what's going on here?" Himeno asked the man next to me.

I look up at him worriedly when he replied, "it has to be a devil's power at work."

"Y/N stand right here," Aki instructed as he went into one of the rooms and closed the door.

It takes a minute but I turn around and there's Aki standing behind me. Kobeni freaks out and I don't blame her.

Suddenly Denji burst through another door, "Hey! none of the windows go anywhere! They just open to the room across the hall!"

"I figured as much," Aki replied.

"We're trapped on the eighth floor."

꘎♡━━━━━♡꘎

We all decided to gather in one room, I decided to sit next to Denji where he laid on the bed. Out of nervous habit I start playing with his hair and it doesn't seem to bother him.

"Let's run through what we know," Aki started.

"This is probably a devil's doing, and no matter how many times we try to go to a different floor, we end up on the eighth again. The elevator is inoperable for whatever reason. There's so way outside via the rooms or any windows. We tried going through the ceiling but ended up on the eighth floor again."

"Maybe it's because Power killed that devil?" Denji questioned while looking at the strawberry blonde girl. She pouted at Denji and I simply smile at their antics, at least they're still the same no matter what situation.

"He coulda died while using the power to keep us trapped. And now-"

"You commanded me to kill him!" Power retorted.

"Did not!"

"A devil's powers are released when they die. It can't be that." Aki intervenes.

"Oh, how's the Gun Devil piece?" I asked Aki just now remembering it.

"It's actually gone dead still," he replied while holding it out to see.

"That devil before was bait and we bit hard," Himeno added.

"But if no one hears from us for a while, won't other Devil Hunters show up to help?" Arai asked.

"Guess we better Hope they don't fall into the same kind of trap, then."

"We're all gonna die here." I hear Kobeni mumble and I can't help but think the same thing.

I pet Denjis head more which caused him to lean into me, after looking up I make eye contact with Aki and see him looking back at me. He glared a little which caused me to look down at Denji again.

"Hang in there, Kobeni!" Arai tells the poor girl with motivation in his voice.

'It's so admirable how Arai comforts Kobeni.'

"Didn't you become a Devil Hunter to send your brother to college?!"

"They basically forced me to do it." At that I pipe up to listen.

"My parents are set on my older brother going to college since he's the gifted one," I quickly get up from the bed and make my way over to Kobeni.

I sit down next to her as she continues, "They made me get a job. It was become a devil hunter or a sex worker!"