STEP-SISTER?!

Today is a quiet day at the office. Everyone is hungover, so they put on the first item they saw this morning. Sumin, too, is wearing shades and her hair is a mess, numbly tapping on her keyboard.

Yoohan can only hear the odd ringing of phones and key clacking. Kevin is happily whistling behind him for some reason. The man doesn't even appear hungover, and he's dressed as neatly and formally as always.

Kevin continues to whistle even as he walks away. When he returns with a cup of coffee in hand, he enters Yoohan's bubble smoothly (not really), "So, a little birdie told me you were with someone at the rooftop last night."

Yoohan doesn't even bother looking at him, refusing to give him the satisfaction of saying, "Was it Hansoo?"

"Doesn't matter who my source is, chump," Kevin twists his chair to force him to face him for the nth time that week, saying, "Tell me the good details or it's not gonna be pretty for you."

Yoohan plays along, but says, amusedly, "I'm not telling you anything, cop."

"Yoohan!" Kevin whines and stomps like a toddler having a temper tantrum. "Would you please, please?" "I know you've been with Jay, but give me something to work with!"

"Nothing," Yoohan said flatly. "There was nothing that happened. So get back to work!"

Kevin pouts and trudges to his chair, but not before sending a puppy look over to Yoohan, which is inevitably laughed at and disregarded, and he plops down.

To be fair, Lee Yoohan wasn't exactly lying. Nothing actually happened. They almost kissed, but didn't.

Yoohan blushes tenderly at the remembrance. He remembers the mind-numbing aroma of Jay's complete existence, which causes his head to spin and his heart to accelerate. He recalls the electricity between them, the obvious magnetic pull, the tingling thrill his entire system felt with each draw closer, only to come crashing down in flames from Lee Hansoo, a speeding meteor.

A brief pause. Yoohan mulls over something.

Did he want to kiss him?

Oh my God. Yoohan is debating with himself. He angrily pats his palms against his feverish cheeks, forcing himself to focus, work, and complete the task at hand since that is precisely what he is for. Not to fall for the company's charming ace and his dazzling pearly white smile.

Yoohan arches his neck over his desk, expecting to spot the aforementioned boy but failing. His cubicle, like Hansoo's, is empty, and he slumps back in his chair with sadness. It's the same terrible sadness he felt when their time together was cut short. It nestles cruelly in his chest, slinking down his stomach like a heavy weight, dragging everything down with it.

Another prolonged delay. Yoohan thinks to himself once more.

Does he like Jay?

Yoohan's attention wanders to the unoccupied seat on its own. Looking at it without him feels strange. It felt as if a piece of him had been cruelly stolen away from him, and Yoohan knows how it feels. He is missing him.

He pines for his deep, baritone-yet-smooth voice, the low chuckle that mysteriously thrums in his throat, the gentle expression he always has on his face when he looks at him, the painfully sweet dimpled smile he always has on his face, even down to his tender touch against his ivory skin.

Yoohan's cheeks flush even more, burning his entire body on fire as he attempts to deny everything. He vigorously shakes his head, thinking that the movement will wash away all of his thoughts. No, it does not.

Yoohan comes to another conclusion: he might like Jay.

                                                                                                          ‣‣‣