MOON

"Yoohan! My dude!" Kevin greets him right away, pointing finger pistols and winking at him, saying, "The boss loved your analysis!"

"Of course he would," Yoohan hums as he lowers his suitcase. "Yoon Jay-ssi assisted me."

"Yoon Jay?" "I knew it!" Kevin exclaims. He quickly grabs his shoulders and turns him to face Jay. "You should go thank him!" "Take him for a meal or something."

"What?" "Are you insane-" exclaims Yoohan.

"You're not required to, Yoohan-ssi. "I didn't do much anyway," Jay says merrily. "You're already incredibly talented; just have a bit more faith in yourself."

Jay then leaves the scene. Lee Hansoo, his new intern, scurries to his side with a folder and briefcase, nearly excited as a puppy wagging its tail. Yoohan's gaze follows them out, and as they pass through the corridors, Kevin exclaims, "You're doing the thing."

"What thing?" Yoohan asks, raising his brow.

Kevin calmly explains, "The thing when you find something you like," remembering the instances in which he has witnessed Yoohan fangirl over Taemin's new song, when he discovers an intriguing anime and falls in love with it in the first episode, or when he tries a different yaksik flavor and enjoys it more than he had anticipated. "It's kind of cute when your eyes practically transform into hearts."

Yoohan pauses as he thinks of an explanation, "What are you talking about?!"

"Come on, Yoohan. I've experienced crushes. Mind you, I'm currently in a relationship. So I know that look better than anyone," Kevin turns him to face him while firmly putting his hands on his shoulders. "Downtown has a new diner. You may take him there as a token of gratitude. It can't hurt to try, right?"

Yoohan feels a possibility surge over him. It doesn't have to signify much; simply a brief expression of appreciation for all that he has done for him, will do. Yoohan's on the verge of agreeing when he hears, "And you're literally a virgin in your 30's. It's about damn time you get laid."

I'll give it some thought. Kevin was pushed aside by Yoohan as he stumbled, trying to hide his blush. "Shoo, now!"

                                                                                            ‣‣‣                                                                                           

Yoohan has too much time on his hands to consider because Yoon Jay is out meeting with a customer while Yoohan is being laid off by both higher and lower ranks.

His mind is ringing with Kevin's idea like a sacred bell. To avoid giving Jay the wrong impression, he could invite Jay to a less opulent location. He might simply decline the invitation and make the man a lunchbox instead. But then he realizes that, while probably slightly smarter than Kevin's boyfriend, he is still not as intelligent as he is in the kitchen.

When it came to Yoon Jay, his guilt would not allow him to accept anything less. He has always been there for him when he needs someone, notably last night and this morning. But wouldn't that raise his expectations?

Yoohan keeps going around and around with himself as the hours go by. He is unaware that Jay has already returned from his excursion and is now sitting next to his desk, leaning slightly as he observes him mindlessly typing on his keyboard.

"You haven't left for home yet?"

Yoohan turns while blinking. When he realizes it's Jay in person, he does a double take and gets out of his chair. He becomes anxious since he hasn't decided yet.