UNDERSTAND

By midnight, they have completed everything. The elevator ride down had been, to put it mildly, awkward. If Yoohan is being honest, it's more one-sided than anything else, because he's the one who knows a fact that Jay doesn't.

Everything, including his new skill and Jay's desire to him, is too much for Yoohan's lifeless heart to bear. He could only take on so much for a man who had never had a significant relationship, never even achieved any romantic stage, or even puppy loves.

Yoohan almost lets out a relieved sigh as they go out the door. Almost, because he lets out an uninvited sneeze instead.

"Are you feeling cold?" Yoon Jay rushes in, literally vibrating with affection and worry.

Yoohan sniffles and shakes his head, saying, "I'm fine." "Thank you again, by the way," he says as he tightens his grip on the handle of his bag. I honestly have no idea what I would have done if you hadn't stepped in."

Jay's lips softly curl into a smile so deep his dimples show, his eyes crinkling slightly, "Don't mention it."

Another sneeze. "Sorry, I'll go now," Yoohan says this time. I can't let our top employee get sick or else the team might riot."

"Wait," Jay says as he zips up his suitcase and pulls out a fluffy scarf. "Here, take this."

He spreads it out between them, revealing a recognized Line character's dark eyes and white snout, the rest of the scarf a warm brown color. "I can't," Yoohan chuckles. "They wouldn't mind if I become ill, "Please use it for yourself, really," he says, taking a step back. "Someone like me simply cannot-"

Jay takes a step forward. He puts his suitcase down by his feet and drapes the scarf around Yoohan's shoulders, his words quiet. "I can't afford to let you get sick either."

"Why do you think so lowly of yourself, Lee Yoohan?" he hears as soon as their skins meet.

Gentle hands brush Yoohan's neck, loosely wrapping and nestling the scarf in. "I wish I could help you see your own beauty and kindness. I wish you could view yourself in the same way that I do."

"There we go," Jay says, taking a slight step back.

Yoohan ponders for a while why he almost drew him in again, why he almost complained about the lack of touch and warmth. He thinks it's just the cold.

"Well then, see you tomorrow?" Yoohan says clumsily unsure what to do with his hands. He flails or waves one final time before turning on his heel to leave.

"Yoohan?"

"Hm?" he says as he comes to a halt in front of him.

"Do you still have some transportation back?" Jay inquires, his tone dripping with concern.

"I missed the last train, didn't I?" Yoohan wonders, his mouth gaping.

Jay blinks, and Yoohan can hear the gears in his head turning. With a nervous grin, he quickly dismisses the weight of the issue, "Well, I can just sleep in an internet café or somewhere."

"Or could you come over to my place?" Jay proposes, his doe eyes innocently blinking back at him. There's no ill intent behind it, no malicious purpose, and yet the proposal sets his nerves on fire.

And Yoohan thinks about it. He actually thinks it. Because, despite the obvious fact that this man has a super tiny tiny crush on him and invited him over to his house-and oh no, this man has a super tiny tiny crush on him and invited him over to his house.

Lee Yoohan recognizes how foolish this is. "Are you sure?" he asks, his mouth moving on its own. "I don't want to bother you any further than this."

"No, no!" Yoon Jay runs forward, clutching this opportunity like a fish clutching a bait. "You aren't a bother at all," he says with a nonchalant smile.