40.

I'M SORRY FOR BEING WEIRD.

"SOMONE'S TIRED." Mason chuckled softly as Saylah opened her eyes slowly. Finally awaking after her two hour nap. They were four hours into their excruciating eighteen hour flight.

She slowly blinked at the brown haired boy opposite her. Still being half asleep. Annoyed her body had naturally woken her up instead of sleeping through the remaining hours of the flight.

"You're not avoiding me anymore then?" Saylah yawned, rubbing her eyes.

"I was never avoiding you?" Mason looked at the brown girl confused.

"Well you haven't said two words to me since we got on the plane. Or during the drive to the plane." Saylah pointed out.

Mason looked down guiltily. He was trying to distance himself to get rid of the feelings he was having, because he assumed Saylah didn't feel the same. He could now clearly see he went about the whole thing terribly wrong. But it wasn't too late to
fix it. And he had a plan.

"I'm sorry for being weird. I was just in my head about something." He admitted.

"You okay?" Her eyes softened. She cared about him deeply. Her being upset with him would never change that.

"Yeah I'm fine." He smiled softly at her.

A silence filled the air between them. The sounds of the others chatting and laughing in the background. They were all playing a card game, much to the boys dismay, Delina and Lani were winning.

"You missed out on a good episode of your cooking show." Saylah muttered, looking at her nails with a small pout.

Mason laughed at how cute she was.

"You watched it without me?" He playfully frowned.

"You cancelled." She shrugged, looking down at the floor.

"For a stupid date." She added quietly so he couldn't hear but he did.

"I didn't actually go on a date..." Mason admitted

Her head snapped up and she looked him dead in the eye. Confusion all over her face.

"But you said-"

"I lied." He revealed

"Why?" She questioned

"I'll explain later. I promise. But right now, how about you come rewatch that episode of Nigella with me. Seeing as I didn't get to see it." He offered holding his hand out.

She fought back a smile as she nodded. Clambering out of her seat and walking towards masons. Taking his hand he pulled her into his lap. A supportive arm around her waist as she rested her head on his chest. Her knees up as she leaned into him.

"Mase." She said before he could press play on the show.

"Yeah?" He looked up at her.

"I need to talk to you about something. Not now though. When we get to Hawaii can we have a chat?" She asked fiddling with her hands.