13.That was Jungkook. No, that was Jungkook when he was young! (2)

Lisa quickly put down her chopsticks and reached out to Jungkook.

Jungkook pushed her away and, unprepared, she felt a few steps backward.

Lisa was baffled.

Jungkook had always been quiet and docile. But it was difficult for him to control himself when he had one of his episodes.

"Wuuu..." Yunho, sitting across from him, stared to cry. "I'm scared."

Sunmi quickly put her arms around her son's head so he wouldn't be able to see Jungkook during his episode.

Mother Jeon's eyes reddened. She wanted to have the servants to go and force stop Jungkook from banging his head against the table.

Lisa went up to Jungkook again and put her hand in front of him. "Jungkook, I almost fell onto the ground when you pushed me."

Jungkook stopped.

"But I know you didn't do it on purpose." Lisa touched Jungkook's forehead. It was already bright red in color.

Jungkook's eyes lowered and he said all of a sudden, "Bleeding."

Huh?

Lisa looked down. She had stepped on the broken fragments and her foot was now bleeding.

Jungkook held Lisa's hand and he repeated. "Bleeding."

Lisa, "That's right. I am bleeding. Can you accompany me into the bedroom to put some medication over it?"

Jungkook stood up. "Sure. Go."

Mother Jeon quickly had someone brought some medication upstairs.

Inside the room, Lisa carefully applied the medication. She never liked pain. All of her attention was on Jungkook earlier so it was just now that she started feeling the cut.

Jungkook stood in front of her in a daze. Watching Lisa carefully cleaning her wound, he said, "Sorry."

Lisa looked up in surprise.

Jungkook's eye lips fluttered as he looked down, as though he was feeling bad.

The dining room table had already been cleaned up. Yunho, crying from being frightened, was taken home by Sunmi.

Lisa saw Mother Jeon sitting on the couch with reddened eyes when she went downstairs.

"How's Kook doing?" Mother Jeon still looked worried.

Lisa sat down next to her. "He's alright. He's now reading in the study."

Mother Jeon nodded. What she said next, however, made one's heart ached. "Ever since he was a child, I have always been worried. When he was a child, he rolled down the stairs one time without the teachers noticing. He suffered a few fractured ribs from that fall."

She looked at Lisa and carried on. "A normal child would start bawling but Kook didn't make a sound. It was until he was running a fever that night and was taken to the hospital did I learn about that."

Some autistic patients cannot feel pain. That is because their cerebral cortex are not able to receive the signals.

It is dangerous for a person to not be able to feel pain.

Lisa listened to Mother Jeon quietly.

"Ever since he had rolled off the stairs, he resented being touched even more. Normal children will be coquettish to their parents but Kook only likes to sit around and zone out on his own. He is unlike a normal child who enjoys being around their parents..."

Lisa could picture little Jungkook sitting in a corner by himself.

Mother Jeon's voice was filled with self-blame. "It was my fault. I didn't have enough people around watching out for Kook. Ever since the kidnapping, Kook had become quieter and withdrawn completely. Now he loses control of himself easily whenever he is stimulated or if there is anything out of the ordinary."

When they brought Jungkook home, he was covered in bruises and injuries.

Mother Jeon couldn't imagine how he was tortured by the bad guys.

It was getting late in the night.

After talking to Mother Jeon, Jungkook had already showered when Lisa returned to the bedroom, still in his bright red pajama.

His bangs were wet and stuck to his forehead. He seemed docile and his delicate brows and eyes looked a little childish.

Lisa walked over to the bed and then laid down on it.

Jungkook kept his mouth shut and looked at her without making a sound, obviously still didn't like her sleeping in his bed.

"I'm injured." Lisa lifted her foot with the band-aid. "I want to sleep in the bed."

After a long while, there was no black cloud with lighting appearing in his indicator.

Pleased, Lisa pulled her let back.

Jungkook ignored Lisa, laid down straight in bed, and closed his eyes.

Lisa did not fall asleep right away. She asked Lee Know, "You mentioned before that Jungkook's autism can be cured. Is that true?"

Lee Know: [Host, I do not lie.]

"How will we cure him?"

The frequency of Jungkook's episodes had been increasing. At this rate, it would become more and more difficult to collect little suns. As a matter of fact, he just might hurt himself to a point that he would die from self-inflicted injuries before she was able to collect enough little suns.

After all, Jungkook died from self-inflicted injury in the novel.

Lee Know: [There is a reason why Jungkook's autism is getting worse. You will be able to cure him using the little suns.]

Lisa hesitated, "I have to use the little suns to save Jungkook?"

[That's correct. You have one little sun right now. Do you want to use it to help Jungkook or to get back 1% of your halo?]

Lisa turned her head and looked at Jungkook, whose eyes were shut tightly. "I choose Jungkook."

As soon as she finished saying that, it went dark in front of her.

When she opened up her eyes again, Lisa found herself standing inside the living room.

Wasn't she lying in bed just a moment ago? Did Overland have the ability to move her to a different location instantly?

Mother Jeon walked over. She had on a delicate dress and she looked young.

"Mom." Lisa greeted her but Mother Jeon walked right passed her as though she couldn't see her.

Lisa called out to her again and, once again, gotten no response.

Mother Jeon walked over to the stairs and bent down. That was when Lisa noticed a little boy sitting next to the stairs and quietly putting together a puzzle on the floor.

"Would you like Mommy to pick you up?" Mother Jeon reached over and picked the child up.

Lisa was shocked.

That was Jungkook. No, that was Jungkook when he was young!