{5} the bet is on

everyone had left. only jiyoon was watching him from afar. she was using her energy to warm him up. afterall she had already reached chisu.

mudeok came to her with tea in her hand.

"ara, what are you doing?" mudeok asked her.

"helping him. he saved our lives, did he not?" jiyoon told her.

"don't let your feelings get the best of you, ara. we are assassins. taking advantage of people and abandoning them is our job" mudeok reminded her.

"but this is different. he saved our lives. several times. in return all he's asking for is to open his gate of energy and to be his master. we can easily live peacefully that way" jiyoon suggested her.

"are you serious right now? you are believing him? get back to your senses, my naive sister!" mudeok told her.

jiyoon thought for awhile. *she's right. what has gotten into me? why am i helping him? i am an assassin afterall. my sister is right*

"you are right, yeong" mudeok smiled, "i am sorry for disappointing you. let us go" she took the tea from her hand and went towards uk. behind her was mudeok. she put the tea on the floor and poured it on the cup.

"you are allowed to have a cup of tea" mudeok said as uk smiled. "young master, we will go first and leave you behind"

uk's expression changed. he looked at jiyoon, "you are leaving without me?" he asked. hearing his voice, one of the mage holding a wooden block stepped forward and flogged him.

jiyoon leaned in closer to his ear and whispered, "the people i have met so far only wanted me dead. you are the first person who tried to save me. thankyou for saving our lives. we are grateful to you. as a token of appreciation, we will not kill you. i hope to never meet you, ever again"

uk frowned on hearing her words. but he knew that would not be the case since she can not leave all of a sudden. the owner of the body was related to master heo, so she can not leave. in return he nodded. he mouthed 'i bet you, we will meet tomorrow. no matter what' he winked.

she scoffed, "oh yeah? let me warn you. i have never lost a bet and this time too, it will be no different" she bragged.

"stop it!" mudeok snapped at them. "betting on stupid things like children"

jiyoon rolled her eyes and mouthed 'we'll see who wins' to uk. she winked and left with mudeok.

uk smiled, *you already know who will win, jiyoon. thanks for helping me* he thought so, because before leaving, jiyoon made sure the warmth of the fire reached him. because deep down, she wanted to help jang uk.

mudeok and jiyoon were inside her room, in jeongjingak

mudeok and jiyoon were inside her room, in jeongjingak. they were talking about what happened in each other's absence.

jiyoon was laughing and laughing when she heard that mudeok fell into the cold water as she realised that she had no strength.