ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 49

Ruby colored eyes blinked slowly as a yawn escaped her lips.

She unlocked her phone, which was placed next to her. With a sigh, she closed it and lazily looked around the living room of her shared dorm.

Peace and quiet. Just as she expected and wanted.

She sighed contented, appreciating the morning atmosphere and the smell of the tea she had brewed herself a little earlier.

Ningguang mindlessly stirred her tea while staring at it deep in thought.

"I wonder what I would be doing today." she mumbled.

She grabbed her phone once again and checked the date, it read April 16, XXXX.

She put it down and merely stared at it.

To be quite honest, Ningguang had no idea what she would do today.

There was no school for a week starting the next day, she took a break from her work to get some 'me' time that her secretaries kept insisting she gets, and she cancelled any student council meetings she had scheduled.

So, technically, she really had nothing to do. For the first time in forever.

She was known as quite a busy woman, doing this and that everytime, being so occupied with either school or work. She never had time for leisure activities so this was new to her.

She sighed a little irritated. The silence in the morning was comfortable, yes, but she wasn't used to it.

Ningguang held her teacup near her lips to sip while thinking if she should ask you for advice on what to do to pass time.

But then the doorbell rang which made her sigh once again.

She stood up and went towards the door,
'Beidou knows better than to bother me in such mornings especially this morning...'

Expecting a certain brown haired individual she opened the door and was about to scold that expected individual but she stopped herself before she could say anything.

Instead of Beidou standing at the front door, Xiao stood there awkwardly.

"Oh, it's just you Xiao." she spoke. "What brings you here?"

"I'm here for Y/n." he curtly answered.

Ningguang rose a brow and noticed he seemed to be dressed up to go somewhere as well as carrying a bag, which looked full of things—most likely his things.

She couldn't help but ask, "Are you running away?"

"Wait, are you running away with y/n? At day time? Really?" she continued with a disappointed chuckled.

She wasn't disappointed that both of you were running away—if you guys were—but she was more disappointed that both of you would really run away at day time. Like seriously? At day? How laughable.

Xiao mentally face-palmed, "No Ningguang."

"Must be a date somewhere then..." she mumbled causing Xiao to cough in surprise.