ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 48

"So where are we going?"

Xiao asks looking at your back as you continued to lead—drag him somewhere.

He patiently waits for you to speak and answer him but the only thing he hears answer is the sound of the wind.

He raises his eyebrow but doesn't say anything.

To be quite honest, it was probably his third time asking you that question but it seems like you were too indulged in your own thoughts that you couldn't hear him.

You were just glad that you got out of the situation earlier fast or you would've ended up melting and dying on the spot.

The reason?

Simply because the people who you labeled as 'the most tease' in the whole school are all gathered in your shared dorm—well mostly all.

When you went into your living room to head out and spend time with Xiao you saw that Ningguang, Lisa, Kaeya, and Yae Miko were present, talking with each other as well as Xiao who looked very uncomfortable.

Only when they heard you awkwardly cough did they turn their heads towards you.

You shot all of them a confused look until they all smirked and that made you nervous.

All you remember was grabbing Xiao and heading out of there as fast as you could and now you were here.

You subconsciously let out a sigh which Xiao didn't fail to hear.

"You okay?" he asked, hoping that this time you would reply to him.

And yet, nothing.

'Did I do something wrong?'
he questioned himself in his mind.

Now it was his turn to sigh.

He looks at your loosely intertwined hands and couldn't help but feel weird, a good kind of weird.

It made his heart beat a little faster and made him feel warm inside. He didn't know what to describe it but he knows that he doesn't hate it.

He may be thinking of this too much but his past self wouldn't even believe him if he said that he's holding your hand.

An idea popped into his mind and a pink hue started to appear on his ears.

He was about to squeeze your hand to maybe bring you back and to stop you from zoning out but you suddenly stopped in your tracks.

Xiao stopped as well raising an eyebrow towards you which you couldn't see.

You quickly let go of his hand and turn around with a sheepish smile after realizing you were still holding his hand.

Unbeknown to you, the moment you let go of his hand he frowned slightly and wished you didn't let go.

"Sorry for suddenly dragging you out of there." you apologized. "You don't wanna know how those people act especially if they're all together. They cause alooot of anxiety."

"I noticed. If all their questions earlier was not a reason to cause anxiety towards me then what is?" he sweatdropped remembering their questions that they asked him before you came down.

You chuckled, "Probably will cause you trauma or something like that."

"As if I don't have enough already." he casually says, you gave him a look to which he ignored.

"Anyways, aren't you glad that I saved you from any more questions coming from them?" you winked and put both your hands on your hips.

"Yeah?"