TEN. doomsday is close at hand

ON OCTOBER 31st, 1983, Jennifer Daniels woke up and pulled her blonde hair out of its ponytail

ON OCTOBER 31st, 1983, Jennifer Daniels woke up and pulled her blonde hair out of its ponytail. She stared into the mirror and looked dead as ever. Her lips cracked, almost bleeding, and her bright blue eyes almost dull of its color as she looked at herself.

She had gone further and further down a rabbit hole of lies, delusions, and untold truths.

She looked down at the brick that sat on her dresser. She began to breathe heavily as she remembered the voice that told her that Michelle would've been so much happier with him.

The brick would be left behind. She wanted Michelle gone, she in fact, wanted Michelle dead, but the mess that came with the brick would've put it in perspective that she had actually given her best friend the death she didn't deserve.

Jennifer, from years prior, had been far gone. It was too late to save her. Michelle couldn't do anything to save her and neither could Wally. No one could stop Jennifer from walking into school that morning and killing Michelle Richards, not even herself.

She looked up from the brick and looked back at herself in the mirror. The repeated conversations played in her head like a broken record.

Jennifer soon felt hot tears rolling down her her face as she tried to smile. Somewhere, deep within, she didn't want to hurt Michelle. She really didn't and she knew that if anyone had actually seen her side of the story, they would know that.

Jennifer's tears cascaded down her face as she was finally able to express her signature smile. She began to breathe heavily. She was going to kill her best friend today.

She wiped her face and grabbed her backpack from the floor and left her room. Her head held down to stop the questions her parents, Deborah and John, along with her eldest sister, Jane, may ask.

Jennifer had never hurt anyone in the way she would Michelle in a few hours. She'd never had the thought until last year.

She walked to school that day. She was finally able to hold her head up high and walk into the school building like it was another normal day.