FOUR. lucky in the most unlikely way

THE NECKLACE Wally wore had actually belonged to Michelle before she died

At Michelle's funeral, her mother decided that the necklace would find its way home. That Michelle was Wally's home, that, at least, is what her mother told him.

Wally could remember the exact day he gave Michelle the necklace. He bought it at JCPenny and he could remember the smile on Michelle's face when he gave it to her.

THE PAST.

Wally and Michelle hung out often, they had been dating for awhile at this point, possibly a couple of months and Jennifer was there to see it all.

Michelle always made time for the both of them, she'd even say that she didn't have time for herself because she was always with one or the other, sometimes even both.

This time around, it was just Wally and Michelle at her house. He and Michelle sat on her couch watching the latest episode of The Facts of Life and Michelle could practically feel Wally nerves radiating off of him.

She pushed herself off of him and turned to face him. She sat crisscrossed and gave him a small smile.

"What's up with you?" Michelle questioned.

"What are you talking about?"

"You seem nervous is all." She smiled, "I don't think I've ever seen you physically shake like this before."

Wally sat upright, his hands now shoved into his pocket.

"Fine, fine." He sighed, "You caught me."

Michelle furrowed her brows and Wally finally pulled his hands out of his pocket and there in his hands was a small, velvet box.

Michelle's eyes widened in surprise as she stared at the box in Wally's hands.

"What's that?" She asked, her voice filled with wonder.

Wally opened the box, revealing a delicate gold necklace with a circle pendant tying it together.

"It's something for you," He said, his voice trembling slightly, "I wanted to get you something special."