THREE. the past, the present, and no future

THE PAST

THE PAST.

Michelle lied across Jennifer's bed as the other blonde pulled different clothes out of her closet.

Tonight was the night of the last football game of year 1981. A bunch of freshman's were getting together to hype up the team especially since Wally Clark was going to be front and center.

Wally may have been a freshman but he was able to make his way onto the varsity football team with ease.

And Jennifer was dressing to impress. Cheerleader or not, Jennifer was going for gold tonight.

At this point, Wally and Michelle had been in the talking stage. They weren't dating, but it was possibly close, just waiting on someone to make the first move.

But in Jennifer's eyes, Michelle and Wally were friends, close friends.

"Can we go?" Michelle asked, "I thought you had be be there early?"

"I do." Jennifer answered, looking at herself in the mirror, "But I have to look my best."

Michelle sat upright, propping her arms behind her, "You're already your best." She smiled, "But I'll bite. Who are you trying to impress?"

Jennifer turned around with a smile, "You'll just have to wait and see." She teased.

Jennifer made her way towards her bed and wrapped her arms around Michelle's torso. She pushed the two of them back on the bed and back laughed.

They were friends. They were best fucking friends.

Michelle smiled at her friend as Jennifer turned to face her. Jennifer's smile never falling from her face.

"I believe he's the boy of my dreams."

"The boy of your dreams?"

"He's wonderful." Jennifer explained, "Smart and talented. Good at everything."

"I'm happy for you." Michelle smiled. She soon stood to her feet and pulled Jennifer up as well, "Don't wanna be late for Mr. Right now do we?"

And the duo left Jennifer's house and to the game.