FIVE. a note from me to you

THE PAST

THE PAST.

Wally always left stupid notes in Michelle's locker. She mentioned about how she seen it in a movie once and thought it was the sweetest thing ever.

Her one little comment, shifted the trajectory of their relationship in the sweetest way possible.

When Michelle opened her locker that morning, another note fell from her locker. She smiled as she bent down to pick it up.

Meet on the south side of the school by the girl's locker room. The note read.

She furrowed her brows. Typically, Wally hadn't asked her to meet somewhere, in fact, he'd normally be by her side by the time she read the note, but he was nowhere in sight.

She shut her locker and made her way the locker one.

"Wally?" She called out.

Nothing.

She kept her brows furrowed as she made her way around the area. Absolutely no one, just her.

She opened the note once more and read over the note. She traced her fingers over the ink.

She folded in back up and slipped it into her pocket.

Maybe, someone was messing with her. She hadn't bother to really take a good look at the note until now, but it wasn't in Wally's handwriting. She hadn't even recognized it.

Michelle looked up once more and saw no one in the hallways. It was just her.

Only Michelle.

She sighed, licking her lips, and made her way back to her locker.

Who would've left that note? What was the point? Maybe it was a mistake, she thought. That would be the thing that made the most sense.

She wanted it to make the most sense.

She brushed her hair behind her ears and finally caught view of Wally sliding the note in her locker.

She paused in her spot and watched him struggle to fit the note inside as she held a small smile.