08. Safe Place

형—

Hyung—

The night comes. Everyone felt tired, they spent too much of their energy, neither eating nor drinking. No Eul sat on the couch between So Yoon and Soo Chul, she rested her head on So Yoon's shoulder.

"Kwon Il Ha bogoshipda. (I miss Kwon Il Ha.)" No Eul thought, her eyes were closed but not with her mind. "Jang Soo! No eul!" Kimchi whispered outside the window, but no one heard him, then he rattled the window sill, startling those in the room.

"Kimchi!" No eul flinched approached Kimchi, and so did the others. Jang soo beside No Eul slowly opened the window. "How did you get out?" He whispered to Kimchi.

"So yeon's condition is worsening," Kimchi whispered back. Jang Soo and No Eul sighed together. "So, we had an idea...Why don't we just get in the truck and drive away?" Kimchi glued his eyes to Noeul. She turned to Jang soo, grabbing his arm with a pleading look.

"Chi Yeol, do you think you can let us out?" Jang soo nodded to No eul and turned to Kimchi. He tried to wiggle the sides of the window frame, if only he could get it off, but failed. "No. Not with my bare hands."

"We're going to need some tools." Jang Soo shook his head in frustration. "Kimchi, try looking in the warehouse." No Eul thought quickly, shouted in a whisper.

"Okay. I'll go and find one." Kimchi's eyes widened, he turned his back and was about to go to the warehouse. "Hey!" Jang soo called him, making him stop. "Be careful." Jang Soo and No Eul nodded at the same time. "I will. Don't worry."

Jang soo and No eul turned their back to face everyone. "Is this the right way?" Young shin said looking at the ground. "We'll have to try something, we can't just stay locked up here." No eul sighed, hugging herself, while biting her lower lip.

*** 

Kimchi took so long to find the tools when everyone heard him scream. They looked over the window and saw him running with a sphere chasing him behind. "Open the door!" "The doors!" Jang soo and Noeul shouted at the same time, and they rushed to the door.

Soo Chul unlocked the door and rushed to the main room, he removed the barricade with Tae man. Kimchi quickly ran in and threw himself in the room where No eul was. After Kimchi made it inside, they went back in and locked the door.

"Guys. Do you think this can get you out?" He said breathlessly, holding up the pliers in his hand. "Kimchi, you were much faster than usual." Taeman was also panting sitting at Kimchi's feet. No Eul chuckled at them.

"Let's get ready to break out." Jang soo said while catching his breath and walking towards the window. "Wait. We can't just get out." No Eul quickly stood in front of Jang Soo.

"She's right. We have to make the sphere think that we're still inside." Young shin looked at them determined. No eul started looking for something useful in the room.

"Young shin-a." No eul called him, lifting a movie tape in her hands. Young shin grinned at the girl and took it from her hand.

"What they up to?" Jang Soo asked Soo Chul. "I have no idea. Lee No Eul's brain never sleeps." Soo chul said to Jang soo and smirked staring at the girl.

Young shin inserted the tape into the player and turned on the TV next to it. Everyone gathered around the TV, watching the movie "The Host", a movie about the appearance of monsters in the Han River that attack the city.

"I thought that was only a movie." So Yoon said in a tired voice. "Do you remember how that movie ends? They kill the monsters and win at the end right?" Tae man said with a frightened voice, they looked at him and sighed. "Beat me. I haven't watched it." Young shin said while looking away from Tae man.