Birth

Note: The title changes from The warrior princess to The tale of love. 

The night felt like the darkest night in the history. Heavy rains and stormy winds threatened to destroy everything they touched. The ever so calm Yamuna, assumed a monstrous form. She broke her embankments and swelled like an ocean.

Exactly at midnight, in the dark dungeon of Mathura, agonizing scream was heard following with cheerful and joyous giggle of two most beautiful and divine twins holding hands looking at each other smiling widely.

"Devaki, dear look at them"

"No Arya, I can't", she replied breathlessly.

"Why priye?! Just look at them once, they are the most beautiful babies I've ever seen" Vasudeva said bringing them closer to his wife.

"What is the difference Arya?! They are no different.... they're also going to die today itself", Devaki replied sobbing.

"NO! I can't let them die NO-NO-NO-NO!", he cried.

"Hey Narayan show me some path", just then the baby boy's feet started glowing and their chains vanished. The couple looked at each other shocked, then the baby girl pointed her tiny fingers towards the cell's door and it vanished.

"Narayan has shown the path Arya, they are no ordinary children. Take them away swami, far away from this hell hole" Devaki pleaded her husband who was still in shock.

"Where will I go though priye?! Where?! Do you know any safe place?!", Vasudeva looked at his wife for answer.

"I don't Arya.....but just go from here.. I am sure Narayan will definitely show you the path" she said looking at her husband hopefully.

"Your wife is right Vasudeva, take them to your friend Nand, they will be safe there. Yashoda has given birth to a daughter, they are still unaware of it, leave him there and bring the daughter with you. She's the Yogmaya, Kamsa will not be able kill her" A voice boomed in the cell assuring Vasudeva. He then grabbed both babies and moved from there putting them in a basket. he moved outside to find all the guards in deep slumber as if they were under a spell.

As he moved forward all the iron door's of the cell opened itself. Vasudeva came out of the prison, unnoticed, carrying the basket on his head. He came to the banks of Yamuna and noticed that the river had swelled so much due to rain, it felt like an ocean. With no other means in sight, he started crossing the river on foot. He was worried that his children would be swept away by the strong currents of the river. Before living his cell he had covered the basket with a piece of cloth to protect his children from rain. It seemed that a mere piece of cloth was no match to the torrential rain which showed no signs of ebbing.

Just then, Vasudeva noticed that a huge, multiheaded snake was moving towards them. Though terrified Vasudeva did not stop. The snake covered both Vasudeva and the children with its hood. Vasudeva was shocked but for once was relieved and felt safe for some strange reason. But this feeling didn't last long, he slipped and thankfully balanced himself and had successfully crossed the river BUT his daughter fell off the basket and was swept away which he failed to notice until his son started crying.

Afraid that his son was hurt he took the basket off his head only to find his dear daughter missing.

"NOOOOOOOOOOOO", he cried.

"Don't worry Vasudeva, your daughter is in safe hands. Now go and exchange the kids before anyone wakes up" Vasudeva again heard the same voice assure him again.

"How could I not worry?! I am the worst father ever, I failed to notice my daughter......missing" He said between sobs.

"That was meant to happen Vasudeva, It's not your fault. Have faith in Narayan my child. Your daughter is no ordinary my dear. She's divine, she's even capable of securing herself. Don't worry" The voice again assured him.