CHAPTER 11

New Look

After spending the day at the mall and shopping for a new wardrobe Allison was beat. She didn't know how Amber did it. She was not big on fashion but sometimes she was happy to pamper herself. Amber did not allow her to give up on her look.

"Amber, I am tired," Allison complained. Amber smiled, "We are not done. We have to get your hair done and nails."  "Amber, I am not going to prom. Don't you think this is a bit too much?" Allison asked.

"Not at all. You made this move and I am so proud of you. We have to complete it before you chicken out or change your mind. Finally, we can top it off with some light makeup and lip gloss. Then your look will be complete," Amber explained.

Allison sighed and continued her day with Amber anticipating when it would all come to an end. 

"Look at you," Amber clapped. Allison got her hair got at shoulder length in layers. She changed into a pair of jeans and a beautiful blue top that made her brown eyes and hair stand out. She was a complete knockout. 

'Wait until Samantha and Michael see you," Amber beamed with pride. "You are simply breathtaking." she gasped.

"Thank you," Allison smiled and hugged her friend warmly. 

"What?" Samantha screamed when she saw Allison. "No way," Michael said dumbfounded. Her friends looked at her analyzing her new look and astounding beauty.

"Okay, guys I am not a mannequin. Please stop touching and poking me," Allison teased when they all started inspecting her.

"All of this was under there," Samantha smiled. "Unbelievable," Michael stated. "You guys, relax it's still me. Pk, Christian, quiet, reserved, clever old me. It's just cosmetics. My heart is still the same," she reminded her. 

"Yeah, we know but girl you look so hot. A whole new person," Samantha grinned. "You look better than anyone expected. Trust me you are going to turn heads," Michael announced.

"I know she looks amazing," Amber beamed. "Your bullies are going to eat their words. I guess this was why they were jealous of you all along. They saw the beauty and could not take it," Amber danced.

Allison smiled at her friends who made her feel so beautiful. "Let's go to the movies before we can't keep the guys off this one," Samantha giggled.

They walked out together appreciating each other's company. Allison texted her dad telling him that she was still out and heading for the movies. After her talk with her dad, they both vowed to be open with each other and communicate. 

When they were leaving the movies they saw Mariah and some of her friends. Allison simply nodded and continued on her way. Mariah was blown away by Allison's new look. Her friends start whispering to each other. Everyone continued walking on their way confidently. 

"We told you," Samantha laughed. "She couldn't say a word to you," Michael said. "She knows you look good and her nasty words are immature. You have always been beautiful Allison. However, you just upgraded your status," Allison said snapping their picture with her phone. 

Samantha and Michael all took photos. "What are you guys going to do with these photos?" Allison asked. "Post them on our page with a back story," Samantha said.

Allison was too tired to respond. "Let's get sleeping beauty home," Samantha said escorting her friend to the car. "Benjamin is going to freak out when he sees you," Michael reminded her. Suddenly, Allison was alert despite feeling sleepy. How would Benjamin react to her new look?