CHAPTER 10

Real talk

Allison heard the knock at her door. She welcomed her dad inside her room and looked up at him carefully. If anyone needed to start dating it was her dad. She was concerned about his happiness and prayed he would find love again.

"Allison, we need to air this all out so we can move on from here," Bradley Sinclair began. 

" I couldn't agree more Dad," Allison said.  "If you want to see Benjamin I would like to get to know him better so I can be comfortable with this," he stated compromising for his daughter's sake. He knew he couldn't keep her from dating forever but he could guide her before she was out there in the world with no prior experiences.  

Allison's eyes widened and she hugged her dad surprised that he was budging so easily. He hugged her and already felt nostalgic wondering how he was going to make it without those loving hugs.

"Maybe, you can invite him to dinner," Mr, Sinclair explained. "Thank you, Dad," Allison said overcome with emotions. Her dad was letting her grow as hard as it was for him.

"Dad, I love you and you will always be the first important man in my life. Whether I date Benjamin or any other guy, you are the first in my heart," Allison stated. 

Mr. Sinclair pulled her in a hug cherishing the moment. "As for the bullying I am sorry you went through it alone. Let me know what's going on. Also,  like I said before I don't want you to hide anything from me. I love you and want the bad, good, and ugly concerning your life," he said. 

"Are you getting soft on me Daddy?" Allison teased.  "Never," he joked. 

"I would like you to meet someone special to me," he said. Allison sat up and was fascinated by her father's words. "I started dating someone five months ago. I did not want to spring it on you. I was not trying to hide it. It is all new getting back into it. After your mother, I did not know if I could be that happy again," he said.

"That's so wonderful Dad. You deserve to be happy," Allison said squeezing his hand. "I am dating  Anna Morrison," he said. 

Allison smiled. Anna Morrison was a youth minister from another church. Her husband died three years ago and Allison immediately thought they were a good match.

"Dad that is so great. Ms. Morrison is so nice and down to earth," Allison confessed. 

"I can't wait to officially meet her," Allison said really delighted. "She encouraged me to love and support you even when it comes to relationships," Bradley smiled. 

Allison smiled. Her dad's happiness meant the world to her. Seeing that twinkle in his eyes made her extremely pleased. 

"Dad you are the best," Allison said grateful for his understanding and support.

Confessing Real feelings

Benjamin was on cloud nine when he saw the call coming in. He was more than happy and excited to talk to her again.

"Twice in one day. I am feeling so special," he laughed when he picked up his phone. 

"Well, you are special to me," Allison said. Benjamin gasped surprised she even said the words he wanted to hear but thought she would always be too shy to say.

"Benjamin Grey, what's the matter?" Allison giggled. "Allison, don't mess around before I show up on your doorstep to see you," he said sternly. 

"Don't," Allison said. Her dad had come around and she didn't want anything to ruin it. 

"Well, you can take out that camera. I am looking forward to that photo shoot," Allison said.

"Okay, what happened?" Benjamin asked enthusiastically but was surprised at the sudden turn of events.  "My dad and I had a wonderful talk. He wants to get to know you.  Let's not get ahead of ourselves but at least we are seeing some progress, " she smiled. 

Now Benjamin was at a loss for words. He wanted this so badly that he was beyond ecstatic about this.

"I can't wait to start this process with you," he said. "We can't ruin it. My dad saw us that night you woke me up out of my bed," she informed him. Please get out of your mind the urge to show up unannounced if you want my dad to trust you," Allison warned. 

"I can't wait to see you in person," he beamed excited about the new possibilities to come.