TBNGBHAB...Chapter Eight

That Butt Naked Godly Being Has a Brother!

Dedicated to my big brother. I love you, and I miss you always.

Previously in Chapter Seven

When silence was the only thing responding to my confession, I let out a deep breath and rolled off of Seth's body, not bothering looking into his eyes that I knew would be starting back at me, I could feel them.

Climbing off the bed, I grabbed Seth's shirt off the bathroom floor and slipped into it, leaning my body into the bathroom counter and staring at my reflection in the mirror. 

Without my consent, tears began to fill my eyes thinking about Seth's silence that I could only assume was anger. He made me promise go near Jeremy, he warned me and I did the one thing he asked me not to do. I couldn't even blame him if he was furious, he had rights to that emotion.

Growing quickly angry at myself, I wiped the back of my hands along my cheeks, and swallowed back my tears. 

Squeezing shut my eyes, I let out a deep breath and curled my fingers around the bathroom counter top, feeling my knuckles turn white as I continued getting more upset with myself as the moments passed, realizing just how stupid I really was in this whole situation.

Chapter Eight

Biting hard down on the inside of my bottom lip, in that moment I wanted nothing more than to quickly grab my things and to run out of the house as fast as I could, although before I could act on my idea, I came to the  conclusion that me leaving wouldn't solve anything. It was only running from the problem at hand, and from experience I knew that, that never solved anything in the end. 

Deciding I needed to face this like a mature woman, after taking a few calming breaths, I quickly spent a few moments whipping my fingers under my eyes, trying to clear the path of tears that streaked down my face. Standing up tall, taking another deep breath, pretending to have gotten myself completely together, I slowly stumbled back into the room and leaned against the wall for support, my eyes finding Seth in the exact same position as he was before, frozen almost with shock.

"Seth?" I whispered softly trying to draw his complete attention, my voice breaking slightly as more tears began to rim my eyes. Looking up quickly at where I stood, Seth's stare dug into me, his expression completely unreadable as his blue orbs caught my attention. "I am so sorry," I  finally mumbled quietly under my breath, sighing softly in relief when his eyes significantly softened hearing my genuine words.

Silence greeted me for a long agonizing thirty seconds before Seth decided to fill the room with his voice, "I want to be so mad at you Corrine," He began, "I should be completely furious knowing you went behind my back, ignoring my one simple warning against my brother," He spoke strongly, his words sending me cringing back into the wall slightly, my teeth grabbing onto my trembling bottom lip, and nearly breaking skin as I gradually bit down harder. "To think that you knew what you were getting yourself into without letting me know. I've told you before, my brother has killed people Corinne! I wouldn't doubt the fact that really raped that girl he claims he didn't." He continued taking a quick breath, his eyes burning into mine, "My brother knows how to take a fragile person in his hands and torture them without remorse.  He could have killed you with his bare hands last night Corinne and moved on like nothing happened." He exclaimed, running his hands briskly though his brown hair. "The anger in my body right now has my wolf howling furiously," He informed me. "I could have lost you last night, words can't explain what I am feeling right now." He grunted, his words making my eyes slowly gloss over, knowing that I've disappointed him and waiting for him to confirm it. "I want to be so mad at you Corinne, but I just can't," Seth spoke significantly softer, slowly climbing off the bed and walking over towards me.