Spring Comes To An End

Spirit created a small flame to light up the dark cave they were heading into. Not all the Dawn Warriors were going to this mission, it was just herself, Sam, Spring, Amy and "Aurora"...oh, and Jello. The rest of the warriors kept on monitoring the giants and had a plan to get them out of the cave as quick as possible if anything went wrong.

"Couldn't you just magic us out, Aurora?" Spring had asked earlier.

"My magic is glitching," Ava had lied, trying to not cause any suspicion, "Orion forgot about my allergies and had moon rose with him when he was going to visit Diana."

To her relief, Spring seemed to believe it enough, but Sam watched her like a hawk and she began to have a feeling she'd have to get rid of him at some point.

"If my readings are correct, " Said Arthur through the communicator, " the lapis lazuli key isn't far. But it's on the other side of the wall."

Spring walked up to the wall and looked for a hole, a crack , anything she could fit into and bring the key along. I t didn't take long for her to find one and a smile appeared on her face.

"I've got this!" She said as she shrank herself and went through the crack she'd found.

But Spring quickly came out and went back to her normal size.

"There's like...6 giants in there!" She said, " biggest one has the key. Aurora has to teleport us inside or something."

Ava was once more confronted by their glares. She had never realised how hard and important Aurora's job was and yet, she still wanted to take her place.

"I can't do that yet...but I can expand your power so you can shrink us all."

Ava stretched her hand out to Spring, she wouldn't permanently corrupt her magic, but she hoped the girl wouldn't feel the darkness take over for a few seconds during the temporary power transfer. Because it would.

Spring looked at her hand, hesitant to take it. Her suspicions grew every second, but she had no proof. What if this was Aurora? Aurora would never do something that would hurt her.

So Spring took her hand.

Aurora and Orion went to the dining room in Power Justice Palace, they were both in  deep, royal blue outfits. It was an elven custom for engaged couples to wear matching outfits to events.

Orion opened the door for Aurora and they proceeded to greet the other rulers.

"Queen Aurora, King Orion," Said Alice, President of Azurite, "congratulations on the change of your wedding date, I'm certain that with rulers like you united by love, your land will prosper more than it already is. It is an honour to be a close ally."

"Thank you, President. It's good have you here tonight." Said Orion.

"I really admire what you are both doing, it's going to something to mention in history, I'm sure."

Aurora suddenly felt a light smell of alcohol in her nose and held back the urge to roll her eyes at the person coming towards them.

"Be nice." Orion whispered.

"I'll be as nice as his bad breath allows me to be." Aurora whispered back.

"Aurora and Orion," Said Lewis, President of Amethyst, "the young rulers, how are you two keeping the kingdom alive?"

President Lewis was old man, he looked like should have retired a long time ago and Aurora's rivalry with him began she was introduced by her parents into the political a few months after her return home. She had said she "didn't like his vibe", but then confessed the Shadow had sent her to exterminate someone at his request. Aside from that, he wasn't really the pleasant type of person. Easy to anger, entitled and always smelled like alcohol, another thing that annoyed the young queen.