Somethings Don't Change

The music began to play, Aurora and Orion went to the middle of the ballroom with their arms intertwined. They unlinked their arms and  began to gracefully waltz around, moving in sync with the music. James, the choreographer, analyzed their steps making sure it was flawless for the Solar Eclipse Gala, that would take place in two days.

"Look into Orion's eyes, Aurora!" James instructed. "And don't forget to smile! The gala is a celebration, not a fight."

Aurora followed the instructions and kept dancing.

"There you go!" Said James joyfully. "Now, 1.2.3, and spin!"

Orion spun Aurora.

"Beautiful spin!" Said James.

          The music ended and they bowed. James clapped and smiled proudly. He walked up to them and wiped a tear from the corner of his eye.

"You two did a great job, congratulation!"

"Thanks James! We've been trying our best." Said Orion.

        Aurora's phone vibrated, and she picked it up. She read the message sent by Violet and frowned. Sundrop Ciy was under attack and they need her help. This was the third time this happened!

"What happened?" Orion asked.

"They need my help, Sundrop City is under attack." Said Aurora. 

"But, we have a meeting with our parents in 30 minutes." Orion stated. 

"You know the scheme!" Said Aurora as she snapped her fingers, and her casual outfit turned into her combat uniform. She whistled and a black cat, almost as big as a bear, dashed into the room and tackled Orion.

"Midnight! No!" Said Orion as he tried to stop the gigantic cat from licking him.

"Midnight!" Aurora called.

Midnight stopped licking Orion and sat on him.

"Get off Orion, and let's play fetch with the bad guys."

          Midnight got off Orion, and gently grabbed him by the shirt, attempting to bring him along. Orion however, quickly let go of her grasp. Again, Midnight  showed she liked Orion in her own way, of course. Orion, however, wasn't a fan of it.

"She likes you." Said Aurora with a smile.

"She tends to show that in a very strange way!" Orion replied while removing the black fur from his clothes. 

         Aurora laughed and climbed onto Midnight's back. Aurora opened a portal to the location and Midnight ran into it. Once they were gone, the portal closed. Orion felt James patting his back.

"You, my friend," He said with a sad tone," are deep into the friendzone."

Orion sighed as James put his hand on his shoulder. 

"Yeah, I know,I know." Said Orion whilst removing James' hand.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

          Violet crashed into a glass window, breaking the glass and landing on the floor. Spring quickly helped her up and was followed by Sam, Jello, and Jade. Sundrop City had been a frequent victim to Shadow attacks and it was getting a bit annoying.

"Why does this always happen when I'm on patrol?" Said Violet.

"Don't worry, Violet," Spring replied, "I'm sure this won't take long!"

"How are you able to keep that positive attitude alive?" Said Sam as he put Jello on the ground.

        A large rock landed next to them and Jello was quick to eat it. Spring picked him and looked at him, wondering how his little body was able to digest a rock that size. The others shared Spring's curiosity, but just stared rather than making physical contact with the creature.

"How does he do that?" Said Jade as she threw a plant growing potion at one of the tanks.

"I would really like to know." Spring replied.

"You've had that...thing for I don't even know how long anymore, and you don't know it works!" Said Violet.

"We don't even know what it is! And it's definately not a spider-squid!" Said Sam.

A pitch black figure dashed past them, they all looked properly at it and realized it was Midnight. Aurora got off the cat's back and walked up to them, removing her white hood, making the cloak she was wearing disappear. Violet took one look at Midnight and stepped back.

"One, "She said,"What took you so long? And two, why did you you bring your demonic cat?"

"Well, I would have gotten here faster if Felix wasn't playing video games while telling me the directions to your exact location!" Aurora answered, activating the microphone in her earpiece to make sure Felix heard her.

"It was the last round!" He said as his image popped on Jade's communication bracelet.

Felix was pale, probably from the lack of contact with sunlight, had long black hair that almost got to his shoulders. He was a new to the team, but had no trouble fitting in. He had entered the Dawn Warriors' communication system by accident during a mission a few months ago, and ended up helping. He became the group's hacker, after Aurora tracked him down and recruited him.

"Sure, Felix," Said Jade,"keep pretending to fight, while we do it for real."

"And as for the "demonic cat", she's here to help and play catch." Said Aurora.

Felix disconnected and they headed to back to the battlefield. Aurora pulled out her dagger, casting a spell on it. Sam stood next to her, holding on to his sword.

"We all know the drill" Said Aurora,"so, let's make this quick!"

"Oh well, guess somethings don't change!" Said Spring with a smile.