Aurora's Double Agents

Ava, the shifters and Orion sat at the round, council table. Aurora was late, and so were Ruby and Edmund's replacements.

"She figured it out and ran away!" Said one of the shifters as he began to get inpatient.

"No, Aurora's actions even if calm were influenced by emotion, not strategy." Said Orion.

As he finished saying that, the shifters posing as Ruby and Edmund walked in and sat with them .

"What took you so long?" Orion asked.

"This place is maze." Said Edmund.

It didn't take long for Aurora to walk in and take her place among them. She was wearing her original uniform and carried her new sword with her. Nobody said anything, her behaviour was suspicious. It was like she was a minefield, just waiting for someone to activate her so she could explode.

"You know what's the fun thing about ruling?" She said, breaking the silence, " You never know who you can really trust. Everything thing you do is a shot in the dark. You have to trust the craziest people with even crazier things."

Aurora placed her elbows on the table, she held her head in her palms, closing her eyes. This was the moment they'd been waiting for, she put her guard down, they could stike! Ava nodded to Ruby and Edmund, who drew out their weapons and aimed them at two fatal points in her body, if they made the right move her death would be instant.

"And yet," she said, as if unaware of the blades point at her, "I still take the shot."

Slash! Aurora slightly flinched at the sound and then wiped a bit of blood off her cheek. She opened her eyes to see a horrified Orion looking at her.

"What? You did say red is my color."

Aurora got up and drew out her amazonite sword. The bodies of two shifters were on the table, not a pretty view. Ruby and Edmund stood by her side, they weren't shifters and maybe she was counting way too much on that. Ava was in rage, once more her plan had crumbled.

"Don't just stand there! Kill them!"

The shifters charged at them, but Aurora got on the table and walked to Orion. She was certain he was behind this.

"Was this your plan? Kill me for Power?" She said as she struck his head with the sword's handle, her hand bleeding due to holding the blade.

"Agree to my terms and this will be put to an end." He said.

"You really are a jerk." She said as she kicked back into his chair. "Honestly, teaming up with Ava... that's low, even for you."

"It's not what it looks like."

"Shut up," she said as she grabbed him by the shirt, "I don't have time for your stupid excuses. I'm leaving now, and I'm letting you live for Star and Comet's sake, but spill my people's blood and I will not kill you...no. I'll make your life so awful you'll wish you were dead."

Aurora let go of him and opened the war room's door with a magic blast, getting a few shifters out of the way in the process. Ruby and Edmund kept on fighting the creatures as they rushed out of the palace to meet up with the team waiting for them.

"That was fast!" Said James as he turned on the car.

"It had to be." She replied, "Ruby, Edmund. I'm afraid this is where we part paths, you'll go with James. I need you and what's left of the council to make sure my people doesn't fall for the Shadow's lies."

"We will do our best, Your Grace. May the King be with you." Said Edmund.

"Thank you, May the King bless you."

They entered car and went away. Aurora then went deeper into the forest that surrounded the palace until she found Diana, Artemis and Midnight waiting for her by a black jeep. She hopped inside and Diana started the car.

"The other warriors are already waiting in the hideout. "Said Diana as she started driving, "Now, please tell me you put my brother in his place."

"I did." Aurora replied with a smirk.

"Good."

"So, where are we going?" Diana asked.

She'd been driving for an hour now and had no idea where they were going.

"To our hacker's HQ." Said Aurora.

"You have a hacker?"

"He's more a gamer than a hacker." Said Artemis.

"Still a big step for a bunch of random teenagers."

"Teenagers that but you behind the bars." Said Artemis with laugh.

Diana rolled her eyes. There had been a lot of those comments during the trip and she was hoping it would end soon. Diana suddenly stepped on the brakes as she saw they were about to crash into a hill.

"I think your GPS is broken." Said Diana.

Aurora got up and spread her arms as if opening double doors. The hill was still there, but an entrance formed and flowered vines dropped from the stone. Diana stared at the entrance in shock and then turned to look back at Aurora.

"That's nothing." Aurora said in response to her shock.

"Okay, I see how it is." Said Diana as she kept on driving.