Chapter 41: The Unbreakable Bond

Kei and Sammy had just met blades in front of the Keep. Everyone had been separated, as Asami ran off after Astella, and Albedo was carried off by Moona. Fortunately, Kei only had one Star to worry about rather than all of them. As they locked blades, Kei delivered a knee to Sammy's gut! "How can you fight for Moona like this?! How can you defend her, knowing she's killing innocent people?!" She asked. Sammy spun around, tossing her glaive like an arrow right at Kei's face! Kei tilted her head to dodge, catching the chain attached to Sammy's glaive! Sammy yanked the chain hard, pulling Kei to the ground! "Moona is my best friend...! She's like a sibling to me! I can't break our bond, no matter the cost!" She answered, thrusting her glaive down at Kei! Kei blocked with her claymore, shoving her glaive away as she rolled to her feet! She swung at Sammy's side, only to be blocked! "This isn't right! You can't tell me you don't see that!" She exclaimed. Sammy offered no response, instead forcing Kei's blade back and swinging out at her. They locked blades once more. Kei was impressed by Sammy's strength. Not many could keep up with Kei's physical strength, but it seemed Sammy was on her level. To Kei's surprise, Sammy shoved her claymore back, winning the lock! Sammy then swung her glaive out at Kei's legs, hitting with the shaft to sweep her off her feet! She caught her by the throat, spinning around to toss her into the air! At that moment, a familiar figure dove in, delivering a crushing kick to Kei's head in mid-air! She was sent flying to the ground, holding her head in pain! But she didn't have time to be in pain. She had to stand up before another attack came. And so, she jumped to her feet, ready to block any incoming strikes! Only this time... 

"Great...I'm seeing double." She said. Reina had joined Sammy, creating a two-on-one situation! "I know I hit you pretty hard, but we're two different people." Reina responded, "You're all the same to me - defending Moona after all she's done, killing everyone who gets in your way...burning my home...you're all monsters." Kei said, "I'm sorry, Kei...but...I love Moona. I'll follow her to hell and back. But for what it's worth...I really enjoyed the time we spent together..." Reina responded, "And for what? All the time we spent together meant nothing at all to you. Don't lie to me. If any of us meant anything to you, then you wouldn't be so quick to burn our homes and slaughter anyone in your way." Kei said. Reina's expression grew dark, but she offered no response. She readied her escrima sticks, and Sammy prepared her glaive. Kei entered a battle-ready stance, her head still aching from the kick Reina threw earlier. Sammy was on Kei's level, but Reina was on a different level entirely. Judging by what Kei had seen, she couldn't match Reina's strength. She had to be cautious going into this fight, lest she be easily overwhelmed by their impressive skill and incredible coordination. Sammy made the first move, throwing her glaive at Kei! Kei caught the glaive, shaking her head. "You should really stop trying-" Before she could finish, Reina jumped onto the chain and dashed across it! She threw four strikes with her escrima sticks, all of which Kei dodged! But Reina wasn't stopping there. She turned her escrima sticks into axes, swinging down at Kei's shoulders! Kei blocked upward, barely managing to hold Reina's strength back! Completely open in front, there was nothing she could do about Sammy rushing in! Sammy kicked her hard in the gut, sending her flying back a few feet! Reina turned her axes into a single spear, throwing it at Kei! 

Fortunately, Kei saw the spear coming and deflected it! Unfortunately, Sammy's reaction time was stupendous. She threw her glaive out at an angle, using the chain to catch Reina's spear as she swung out at Kei! Kei dodged, though Sammy intended for her too. Reina jumped into the air while she was mid-dodge, catching her spear right out of Sammy's chain and turning it into a hammer! She swung down hard, narrowly missing Kei! She spun around, swinging it out at her once more! Kei blocked, but the force of the strike sent her flying a few feet! Once again, she was met mid-air with a powerful strike! This time, it was Iana! She delivered a kick to Kei's gut, sending her flying to the ground! The three Stars gathered side by side, all preparing to strike! Kei rose to her feet, her body aching in pain. "Three on one...isn't that cute?" She asked. She looked at Iana, shaking her head. "You too? Do none of you see how wrong this is? Do none of you see that Moona's completely lost herself in her father's dream?!" She asked, "Moona is a noble person. Even if I don't always agree with her...the things she's done for this world are incredible. I will follow her until the end..." Iana answered, "You really are all monsters." Kei said. She took a step back, uncertain of what to do. She hadn't landed any strikes against Sammy alone, and didn't even get any offense in against Reina. There was no way she could beat three of them at once. But perhaps she wouldn't have to. "Three-on-one isn't very fair, Stars." A Voice said. Kei turned her head to the right, realizing Gabriella was at her side! "Gabriella..." She said, "We've got this. All three of us." Gabriella responded, "All three?" Kei asked. She turned her head to the left, finally noticing Lucille at her other side! "How about we even the odds a bit?" She asked, "Lucille..." Kei said. Lucille nodded. "Let's finish this!" She exclaimed.