Chapter 4: Brand New World

In the afternoon, at the gates of Celestia, Goltač, Gabriella, and Lucille were approaching. They were approaching from the eastern side. The area outside the gate was filled with trees, albeit less thick than the ones in the deep forest. There was plenty of sunlight to go about. There were two heavily armored Guards at the gate. They were around seven feet tall each, both with hefty, jagged black armor. They had red waistcloths, with the Celestial emblem imprinted on them. They also had flags coming over their shoulders in the same design. They were holding weapons of curious design. They were black as night, with glowing red lining around the blades. These were Celestia's Justiciars, their second-best warriors. They all wielded weapons of the same type, though these two both had great swords. They held them blade-down to the ground, waiting to shakedown any approaching visitors. They were typically deployed to hunt fugitives, though in emergencies they would be sent to guard the city. The only Guards of higher caliber in Celestia were the Dragon Emperor's Royal Guards. The Royal Guards, however, were always confined to the Dragon Keep. As such, it was the Justiciars' job to guard the city. As the three of them approached, the Justiciars stopped them. The one on the right approached, while the one on the left repositioned in the middle of the gate to stop them from running inside. The Justiciar approaching them stopped a few feet away. "State your names and business." He said. Gabriella stepped forward to meet him. "Princess Gabriella of Arvan. These are my associates. We're here on official business." She said. 

The Justiciar looked at them in contemplation. "And I suppose you just expect me to believe that?" He asked, "Well...yeah..." Gabriella answered, "I don't remember the Arvanian Royal House having a pet." The Justiciar said, alluding to Lucille's presence, "She isn't my pet. She's my friend. And for your information, she's a Leonine." Gabriella responded, "It doesn't matter what type of cat she is. The Leonine aren't free creatures either." The Justiciar said. Lucille's hands curled up into fists. She desperately wanted to say something, but it was not her place. The Justiciar didn't even notice her anger, continuing to stare at Gabriella. "And who is the other one, exactly?" He asked, "Goltač. He's a friend as well." Gabriella answered. The Justiciar looked her in the eyes for a few moments, before stepping aside. "We've got our eyes on you, Arvanian." He said. Gabriella said nothing, walking past him. Goltač followed shortly after. Lucille was stopped by the Justiciar, however. "Who said you're allowed inside?" He asked, "Uh...you? I'm with Princess Gabriella." Lucille answered, "Not until you answer some questions, Leonine." The Justiciar said. The way he said that last word made Lucille's blood boil. He made it sound as if she were inferior to him because she was a Leonine. As if she were to be treated differently than other people. Goltač looked between her and Gabriella, before walking toward the gate. "We have reached Celestia, and thus our goals are no longer aligned. I suspect they will re-align in the future, but until then, this is goodbye." He said. Gabriella nodded. "Alright...thanks for helping us get here." She responded. Goltač walked off, leaving the two of them to their own. 

Gabriella was uncertain of what to do. Lucille was angry, but she refused to give in. She put on her best poker face, looking the Justiciar in the eye. Before she could say anything, someone put a hand on her shoulder. She looked at the culprit, only to find Lady standing beside her! She had a strange floral wreath on her head, like a circlet. She also had some strange face paint. It looked like pagan symbols surrounding her face and going over her eyes, painted in green. She had a satisfied smile, which did not match her monotonous style at all. "Hi." She said, continuing to smile strangely, "Wh-What happened to you?" Lucille asked, "The Fairies accepted me as their best friend." Lady answered, "Uh...r-right...wait, how did you get here so quickly? The path we took was the quickest one...but you're already here, and you had time to get your face painted?" Lucille asked, "The Goblins are fast painters." Lady answered, "The Goblins...? Aren't Goblins extremely hostile...?" Lucille asked, "Only pale Goblins are hostile. The rest are only hostile if someone makes them so." Lady answered. The Justiciar in front of them cleared his throat, getting their attention. Lady looked at him, her smile fading. She stared at him with peaked interest, or so it seemed. "Why are you staring at me like that?" He asked. Lady stepped right up to him, rising up to her tiptoes. She ran her hands along his helmet, causing him to shift uncomfortably. "What's your favorite color?" She asked, "Wh-What?" He asked in response, "Your favorite color? For the Goblins..." Lady answered, "Uh...yellow...?" He answered, "One of the primary colors, I see. I knew you would make a good Goblin leader. I can see it in your eyes, you know?" Lady said, "Huh...? I-I've never even seen a Goblin..." He responded, "Would you like to? They live nearby..." Lady said.