★ EPILOGUE ★

The spring flowers were in full bloom, and the gorgeous sight made my heart leap from joy

"What are you looking at, Miss Trouble?" Came a deep voice from behind me, as I felt someone wrap their arms around me.

I smiled in contentment and said, "The flowers. Aren't they so pretty today?"

"Hmm... that they are. But not more than you, Zelda," he said and I chuckled.

"Stop with the flattery already. I still won't let you drag me to the village fair," I said, already sensing why he was flattering me.

He whirled me around and looked intensely into my eye. "Although it wasn't flattery, I will let you know that you are the most beautiful girl I have ever seen in my life. And I won't let anyone bring you down, ever."

My heart beat faster at his words and I felt myself burn under his grey eyes I loved so much. "I– I will think about it."

He smiled seeing my flustered self, and I hit him lightly on the chest to let it go. I absolutely hated becoming this soft ball of sunshine in front of him, but I couldn't help myself whenever he looked at me like he could only see me in this whole world.

Kaian and I had come far in our relationship. From people who were doomed to kill each other, we became lovers who were ready to die for each other. After I had stabbed him in the cellar back in Corignis, Kaian fortunately lost all demon blood in his body. But he was too weak to help himself, and Aurora came to help him. She used all her remaining strength to heal his stab wound and gave him more energy so that he could at least warn us of the bombs.

Kaian had lost the demon side of his, the side he was destined to live with forever. And I hadn't never believed that I would be helpful in giving him a new life. Kaian was now back to his former self as a faerie, and he gave every ounce of that credit to me.

"Dion," I called him by his original name which seemed to make his eyes shine brighter than the sun on earth. "Why is Aurora taking so long to arrive? She had promised to arrive fifteen minutes ago."

But he just smiled and pulled me toward him by my waist. "Does that not mean I get the freedom to do anything I want to you?"

My gaze immediately went to his lips as soon as he said those words, and I realized I was indeed, the one who was more obsessed. I placed my arms around his neck and whispered, "Of course, but only when we are at home. We are still in Windsor."

"How does that matter? I want to kiss the love of my life, why is that a problem for anyone else?" He asked rhetorically before pulling me even closer and planting a soft kiss to my lips.

When he pulled away, I pulled him back and pressed my lips to his. I couldn't belive his lips would still leave me a shivering and trembling mess even after six months of being together. Flowers seemed more fragrant, the sun seemed to shine brighter, and the world seemed like a better place whenever I was in his arms. I lost myself in his scent and his luscious taste like I invariably did, and didn't even hear Aurora arriving.

"Could you please refrain from devouring each other on a public road? Some of us wish for a peaceful morning," came the teasing voice of Aurora which broke our kiss.

I turned redder than before and turned toward her, still in Dion's arms. I saw her holding hands with Safie and scoffed. "Even you came holding hands with her. Did you not think of world peace then?"

Safie laughed and pulled Aurora in for a kiss, which she barely resisted. I rolled my eyes but let go of Dion, holding hands with him instead. Safie had too, gone through a lot in the past six months. She had escaped from Corignis as Leonah, the demoness, and got a second life at Windsor, when Jov made her a demon-faerie hybrid.

Although we couldn't fully eradicate her roots, she was more than grateful and content to live her life as a hybrid. In her words, she could at least be near the only person she loves the most in this world.

"Shall we leave?" Dion asked, and we all nodded in unison.

As we walked through the streets of Windsor toward earth, I looked back upon all that had occurred in the past one year. All the pain, all the suffering, all the love and all the deceit, I realized how all of it was a part of the greater plan.

The greater plan to bare our true selves and accept those selves as they were.

And I was ecstatic that I had met Dion in this lifetime, regardless of our bloodied past.

Because in the end, he completed me just like I completed him.

And that was all we would ever need.

♠︎♠︎♠︎

(Word count - 867 words)

What a sweet chapter!

So now, the book has actually come to an end. What are your thoughts on it?

Let me know in the comments!!

Also, a huge thank you to everyone for reading this book! I truly appreciate every one of you!! <3