Shiny Golden God

Y/N, Luke, Chewie, Han, and the droids move off in one direction as the squad proceeds in another.

3PO: Don't worry, Master Luke. We know what to do.

Y/N: That's not reassuring.

They move off into the woods.

3PO: (to R2) And you said it was pretty here. Ugh!

-------------------------

A strange little furry face with huge black eyes comes slowly into view. The creature is an Ewok, by the name of Wicket. He seems somewhat puzzled, and prods Leia with a spear. The princess groans; this frightens the stubby ball of fuzz and he prods her again.

Leia sits up and stares at the three-foot-high Ewok. She tries to figure out where she is and what has happened. Her clothes are torn; she's bruised and disheveled.

The Ewok jumps up and grabs a four-foot-long spear, which he holds in a defensive position. Leia watches him as he circles warily and begins poking her with the sharp point of the spear.

Leia: Cut it out!

She stands up, and the Ewok quickly backs away.

Leia: I'm not gonna hurt you.

She looks around at the dense forest, and at the charred remains of her speeder bike, then sits down, with a sigh, on a fallen log.

Leia: Well, looks like I'm stuck here. Trouble is, I don't know where here is.

She puts her head in her hands to rub away some of the soreness from her fall. She looks over at the watchful little Ewok and pats the log beside her.

Leia: Well, maybe you can help me. Come on, sit down.

Wicket holds his spear up warily and growls at her like a puppy. Leia pats the log again.

Leia: I promise I won't hurt you. Now come here.

More growls and squeaks from the little bear creature.

Leia: All right. You want something to eat?

She takes a scrap of food out of her pocket and offers it to him. Wicket takes a step backward, then cocks his head and moves cautiously toward Leia, chattering in his squeaky Ewok language.

Leia: That's right. Come on. Hmmm?

Sniffing the food curiously, the Ewok comes toward Leia and sits on the log beside her. She takes off her helmet, and the little creature jumps back, startled again. He runs along the log, pointing his spear at her and chattering a blue streak. Leia holds out the helmet to him.

Leia: Look, it's a hat. It's not gonna hurt you. Look. You're a jittery little thing, aren't you?

Reassured, Wicket lowers his spear and climbs back on the log, coming to investigate the helmet. Suddenly his ears perk up and he begins to sniff the air. He looks around warily, whispering some Ewokese warning to Leia.

Leia: What is it?

Suddenly a laser bolt comes out of the foliage and explodes on the log next to Leia. Leia and Wicket both roll backwards off the log, hiding behind it. Leia holds her own laser gun ready, while Wicket disappears underneath the log. Another shot, and still no sight of anyone in the forest.

Then Leia senses something and turns to find a large Imperial Scout standing over her with his weapon pointed at her head. He reaches out his hand for her weapon.

Scout #l: Freeze! Come on, get up!

She hands the weapon over, as a second Scout emerges from the foliage in front of the log.