Making Conversation

A small bus speeds toward the massive freighter docks of Coruscant's industrial area. The spaceport is bustling with activity. Transports of various sizes move supplies and passengers as giant floating cranes lift cargo out of the starships. The bus stops before a huge, intergalactic freighter starship. It parks in the shadows of an overhang.

Y/N and Padme, dressed in Outland peasant outfits, get up and head for the door where Captain Typho, Dorme and Obi-Wan are waiting to hand them their luggage.

Captain Typho: Be safe, M'Lady.

Padme: Thank you, Captain. Take good care of Dorme... The threat's on you two now.

Dorme: He'll be safe with me.

They laugh, and Padme embraces her faithful handmaiden. Dorme starts to weep.

Padme: You'll be fine.

Dorme: It's not me, M'Lady. I worry about you. What if they realize you've left the Capital?

Padme: (looks to Y/N) Then my Jedi protector will have to prove how good he is.

Dorme and Padme smile. Y/N frowns as Obi-Wan pulls him aside.

Obi-Wan: Y/N. Don't do anything without first consulting either myself or the Council.

Y/N: Yes, Obi-Wan.

Anakin moves to his brother to give him a hug.

Anakin: Good luck Y/N. I wish I could come with you.

Y/N: Oh that's just because you want some alone time with Padme yourself isn't it?

He nudges Anakin with his elbow and a smile on his face and causes the young man to flush and become embarrassed.

Obi-Wan: (to Padme) I will get to the bottom of this plot quickly, M'Lady. You'll be back here in no time.

Padme: I will be most grateful for your speed, Master Jedi.

Y/N: It's time to go.

Padme: I know.

Padme gives Dorme a last hug. Y/N picks up the luggage, waves goodbye to his brother and his friend and the two stand-in peasants exit the speeder bus, where R2 is waiting for them.

Obi-Wan: Y/N, may the Force be with you.

Y/N: May the Force be with you as well, my friend.

Anakin: Be safe Y/N.

Y/N: I will Anakin, don't worry. Good luck to you both. Find the killer quick. The senator can only tolerate me and my nonsense for so long.

They head off toward the giant Starfreighter.

Padme: Suddenly, I'm afraid...

Y/N: This is my first assignment on my own. I am too. (looking at R2) But don't worry. We've got R2 with us.

They laugh.

Obi-Wan, Anakin and Captain Typho watch Y/N and Padme disappear into the vastness of the spaceport with R2 trundling along behind them.

Obi-Wan: I hope he doesn't try anything foolish.

Captain Typho: I'd be more concerned about her doing something than him.

——————————————————————

The massive, slow-moving Freighter moves through space.

The great, gloomy hold is crowded with immigrants and their belongings. To one side R2 is coming to the head of a food line holding two bowls. With one of his little arms, he grabs a chunk of something that looks like bread.