Epilogue: Moving On

It's been exactly eleven years since the Woodsboro murders that my sister and Charlie Walker had caused. I couldn't believe it's been that long already. Woodsboro have known peace since then but until now...

I've been paying attention to the news. Apparently, there was another Ghostface related murder in Woodsboro again. Three people have died. The news was really buzzing about it when Dewey Riley got killed by Ghostface.

That crushed me deeply because of how much I liked and respected Dewey. He helped me when I was going through with it eleven years ago. I couldn't believe that the killer managed to get him. It even made me cry because I hated that he died and that this was starting all over again. I cried in my husband's arms who understood and respected my past. He wasn't a fan of the Stab movies or horror movies in general. To be honest, after what happened to me, neither am I anymore thanks to my sister and Charlie.

Logan, my husband, understood me completely and accepted me without judgment for my past. He was glad and proud of me that I managed to survive. It was so much better to date someone who was absolutely clueless about Woodsboro and Ghostface. I love Logan with all my heart. He was very protective of me and our children. Now, I found out I'm pregnant again with our third. I'm only five months in and I'm having a little girl. I love them all equally and made sure that neither of them would ever end up like Jill. I wish my children could've known their aunt, but unfortunately, that would never happen.

I would watch the news about Woodsboro and Ghostface when the kids wouldn't be around. I didn't want to get them scared and they didn't know about my past or my family's history. I prefer to tell them when they're older.

When it was sometime around in the morning, my cellphone rang and it was Sidney. She took care of me after my own Ghostface encounter from eleven years ago. I couldn't believe it was that long. She had to because my mother died and who knew where my father was. It was great living with Sidney, but then I went off to college, and moved out of her place for a house of my own. I dated Logan during college then got pregnant with our first son in my senior year. Then we got married after graduation. Sidney took care of me very well and I'm glad that I have lived with her and her husband, Mark Kincaid, for a long time until I moved out.

Sidney and I was so excited that we got pregnant together at the same time. For me, it was my second time, and for her, it was her first. She gave birth to a girl and I gave birth to another boy. That was a fun pregnancy to experience for us. Except I could do without the morning sickness, food aversions, and back pain. 

I answered her call. "Sidney? Hi. How's it going?"

"Everything's fine. Um, have you heard what happened to Dewey on the news?" Sidney wondered.

"Yeah, I know he...he died. Why?"

"I was just thinking of going over there. Back to Woodsboro. I have to see Gale and help the kids-"

"What?" I immediately interrupted her. "No, Sidney. You can't do that! What about your family? You have your daughters to think about."

"I know which is why I'm doing this. It's about time this should end. After Dewey died, I know why the killers are doing this. It's really me they're after just like always. Dewey's death made that very clear."

"I don't know, Sidney. You really shouldn't go. I don't want you to end up like him." I started to get emotional and blamed it on the pregnancy hormones.

"I won't. You know me, Ava. I'm Sidney fucking Prescott. I always live, don't I?"

"Yeah, you do. You have, like, nine lives." I joked, but my heart was barely in it. "Just, please, please, be careful, okay. Mark isn't going with you, is he?"