Day of School

Disclaimer: I do not own anything from the Scream franchise. This is written for entertainment and fanfiction purposes only.

🔪

The sound of my phone buzzing got me to wake up, but I rather sleep in more. I checked the time and it's 6:25 in the morning. I only have five more minutes left before I have to get out of bed and get ready for boring school. Ugh. The phone keeps ringing until it stops. I continue to go back to sleep for a little until my alarm goes off. I groan and press the stop button. 

I yawn and stretch before I get out of bed. I didn't know who it could be that called me. Twice. When I saw the recent call, it was my sister's ex-boyfriend. I rolled my eyes at his name. Trevor Sheldon. The cheater. I have an idea of what he could want to talk about with his ex-girlfriend's sister. 

But any self-respecting girl would know that you can't forgive cheating.

I didn't think it would be my boyfriend, Charlie, calling me. He knew better to call me this early because I'm not a morning person. I only feel better after I take a shower because it refreshes me. 

So, I did that just for the first thing. Afterward, I brushed my teeth, fixed my hair, and get dressed. Later, I went downstairs to the kitchen for a quick breakfast. It was just cereal, nothing special. While I was eating at the table, Jill and Mom entered the kitchen. Mom was getting ready to leave for work. Jill and I go to school together in Kirby's car. She should be here soon.

"Casanova called me this morning." I informed Jill as she's getting a granola bar from the snack cabinet. 

"Who?" Jill asked, being confused.

I rolled my eyes. "Trevor. Your good for nothing ex."

"Why? What did he want?"

"I don't know. My phone woke me up and I didn't answer. He called me twice. I just wanted sleep. You know I'm not a morning person," I answer and eat another spoonful of my cereal. "Might as well contact the sister since he can't reach you, right?" Then I added being dramatic. "How desperate."

"And pathetic." She scoffed, making me giggle.

"Okay, girls, remember your cousin, Sidney, is coming over to stay with us for her book tour." Mom reminded us.

"Oh, how can we forget about Woodsboro's favorite damsel in distress?" I asked sarcastically.

Sidney Prescott (yes, thee famous Sidney Prescott from the 1996 Woodsboro murders) was mine and Jill's cousin. She was all over on the news because of the Ghostface encounters she had throughout her life. There were even movies about her thanks to Gale Weathers' books that got popularized and famous by the mainstream media. She got all the fame from her mother's tragic murder. Basically, a celebrity in this town.

I didn't know Sidney that well. Me and Jill didn't. Sidney rarely visited us because after the Ghostface encounters, she left Woodsboro completely. Now, she returned for her book tour to promote her newest book called, 'Out of Darkness'. I bought it before, but never read it. I've been meaning to, but I just couldn't.

Sidney was part of my family, yet I didn't know anything about her. After Maureen's horrific murder, everything was always about Sidney. It was very annoying. Nothing else about her family. It was like we didn't exist. She had all the attention. None of the press interviewed my mother who was Maureen's sister about anything of what happened back in 1996 and about how she felt losing her own sister because of two crazy psychopaths. 

Everything was always about Sidney and the world revolves around her.

I hated it.

"Ava, be nice," Mom scolded me. "Let's just play family, okay?"