09

I DIDNT MEAN TO LEAVE YALL HANGING FOR SO LONG I GOT DISTRACTED
_________________

When you walked into his house, the first thing you oddly noticed was that he never seemed too young in his family photos, and his parents didn't really resemble him too much either.

"I was adopted," he stated, answering your unaired question.

"Hm,"

You felt a bit embarrassed, he read you so easily, were you really that obvious?

A little while later you ended up in his room, sitting on his bed as he explained all the details of his snake's enclosure.

"This piece of wood is actually some driftwood I found some time back, I thought it looked cool,"

You smiled,
"It definitely does! Kaburamaru sure is lucky to have a great owner like you,"

He blushed slightly while his reptilian friend rested on his hand.

You noticed tiny white things moving about the substrate of the enclosure, and on closer inspection, they were spring tails!

"Is it a bio active setup?"

He nodded.

"That's so cool! I've never seen one in person before,"

Obanai let his snake slither back into the enclosure, then going next to you to see what you were looking at.

"It took a while to get it all to go well, but I'm happy with how it turned out,"

"It's very impressive,"

It took a few moments for him to realize how close he was to you, and he quickly backed away with a hidden dusting of pink on his cheeks.

"Well Iguro-senpai, I'm glad you showed me your snake's enclosure today. I should get going now, I don't want to bother you any further,"

You headed for the door of his room, but stopped when you heard his voice.

"You're not bothering me..."

You turned around silently to hear what he had to say.

"If you want, you can come by some time and we can talk about snakes more...?"

A faint smile formed on your lips, and for Obanai, it was enough to send quakes into his body.

"I'd like that,"

~NEW FRIEND~

"(L/n)! I heard you're friends with Iguro-senpai now!"

With your half lidded eyes you attempted to glare at him,
"Who told you that,"

"I overheard him talking to Kanroji-senpai about it,"

You raised a brow., causing him to explain.

"Pink hair? Braids?"

Oh, you've seen her before.

You nodded before letting your eyes shut, preparing to let yourself nap. But the pure boy sitting in front to you had other plans, and continued to talk about who knows what.

And it was starting to get just the slightest bit annoying.

So to make him quiet, you put a finger to his lips.

He immediately burst into a deep pink which you couldn't see due to your eyes being fully closed and relaxed.

"(L/n)? W-what're you doing?"

"Shhh... Tanjiro, let me sleep,"

Your finger dragged downward, pulling on his lip before it fell on your desk.

His blushing partially subsided when he realized you were asleep, and he pouted as you lightly snored.

One day he'd get you to stay awake, he swore it!

~•~

While you made the preparations to return home after school, you were suddenly confronted by Tanjiro, who pointed at you with determination.

"You!"

You blinked slowly.

"You're gonna stay over at my house today!"

You shrugged,
"Sure I guess,"

"It's alright, maybe another... WAIT! You're really gonna stay over?"

"I said sure, didn't I?"

He nodded proudly before locking arms with you almost as if he was afraid you'd scurry off if you had the chance.

"That's great! I can introduce you to my family, they'll like you for sure!"

You were a bit confused as to why he so suddenly wanted you to spend the night, but you went with it.

Besides, what was the worst that could happen?

________________

Sleepover at Tanjiro's! Also the snake boy is very passionate about snakes