03

"Hey (l/n), you want to eat lunch with me?"

After a quick yawn, you waved him off.

"I'm good. There's actually someone I've been wanting to eat with,"

He was a little surprised that you'd be one to ask someone for something like that, but then again, you were just full of surprises.

"Could I ask who?"

You stood up from your desk, and pointed out the window.

"..."

"The one on the bench,"

His eyes darted around the courtyard, settling on the bench, where a boy with long black hair was already seated, alone.

"Oh I know him! That's To-"

You put a hand up, silencing the eager boy.

"I'd like to figure that out for myself, sorry,"

He watched you walk out of the classroom, presumably to sit with the lonely looking boy.

The door of the classroom opened moments later, and you went to your desk.

"...I forgot my lunch here..."

You walked out once more, and after a minute, he saw you approach the bench.

"Tanjiro, what's the hold up? Lunch doesn't last forever!"

He wished that he could watch your interaction with his upperclassman, and reluctantly walked over to eat with his friends.

"Is this seat open?"

The black-haired boy was surprised to find someone talking to him, and ended up choking on his food before being able to reply to you.

"Y-yes,"

He saw you smile lightly before you took a seat next to him, unboxing your lunch.

He couldn't bring himself to eat any of his food, after all, it had been a while since he last ate his lunch with someone right next to him.

Eventually he found the courage to bite into his bread roll, but to his dismay, that was the moment you decided to strike up a conversation with him.

"So what's your name?"

"Hurhdhsisjjdjfkd,"

You both stared at each other for a moment, both confused at what was just said. He bit off the piece of bread in his mouth, and quickly ate it.

"Sorry. Tomioka Giyuu, second year,"

You let out a quick chuckle before replying.

"(L/n) (f/n), first year. It's nice to meet you, Tomioka senpai,"

He hummed quickly in response, and there was another awkward period of silence, in part due to you being too busy eating and being tired.