05

"Ho ho! It seems like Kamado boy has recruited a new member!"

You were shaken awake by the booming voice of your upperclassman, who had a proud smile displayed on his face.

He approached you, holding out his hand.

"Rengoku Kyojuro, second year!"

You grabbed onto his hand, shaking it,
"(L/n) (f/n), first year,"

"For someone who has just woken up, you sure do have good grip strength!"

Tanjiro looked on nervously as you retracted your hand.

"I uh... thanks?"

The flame hair-colored male laughed, patting you on the back,
"Don't be so modest!"

'When did he get next to me???'

If you could fall asleep, you would, but the booming voice of Rengoku kept you in the realm of the awake, although you were barely able to register any of what he was saying.

"So what do you guys actually do in this club?"

They all looked at you, then towards each other. Tanjiro was the one to answer,
"Since there aren't actually any demons, we kind of just... talk?"

You looked at the flame haired male for confirmation,
"Kamado-boy is half right. Talking isn't all we do, this club also doubles as a fitness club! Although we haven't done much training in a while..."

Suddenly he stood up, a determined look on his face.

"I think it's time we have a training session! Follow me outside!"

He bolted out of the room and the disbelief on your face was apparent as you looked at Giyuu.

"I should've told you that's he's a little... spontaneous. Well, at least when he's passionate about something,"

You sighed as you stood up, following the rest of the members outside.

"I am NOT doing that,"

You watched as Rengoku finished his obstacle course.

Tanjiro tried to console you,
"Don't worry, you won't have to do it,"

Kyojuro pointed directly at you,
"EVERYONE HAS TO DO IT!"

You noticed Zenitsu trying to stealthily sneak away, only to be captured by Rengoku, held up by the collar of his shirt.

"C'mon, really?"

"Agatsuma! You're definitely in need of some training!"

After thinking about it for a while, you decided that it'd be for the best to just get it over with, raising your hand.

"I'll go first,"

Rengoku applauded you,
"Now that's the spirit! Go for it, (l/n)!"

You made it about three feet before tripping and passing out from the impact.

The bright light of the school's infirmary felt blinding as your eyes fluttered open.

"He's awake!"

You turned your head to the baker boy,
"Tanjiro? What happened?"

"You totally failed the obstacle course! But it was alright because that meant I didn't have to do it!"

Tanjiro hit his friend over the back of the head,
"Zenitsu!"

"Hey, I was telling the truth!"

You sat up, then having the wind knocked out of you as your back was hit repeatedly.

"(L/n)! I'm glad you've woken up, you certainly gave us a scare back there!"

Slowly you turned your gaze to to Rengoku, who seemed as jolly as ever.

You groaned, feeling slight pain in your head,
"I think I'm gonna head home,"

"Understandable!"

Tanjiro got closer to you,
"You want me to help you back to your house?"

You waved him off,
"I'll be fine, really,"

So after the nurse cleared you to back into the world, you went home, getting an ice pack for your head.

"Did you have fun at school?"

"Pretty much,"

__________________________________

I started writing this chapter in October it's definitely been a while