Chapter : 2 HE DOESN'T EVEN LIKE ME

His house was almost like a luxurious hotel. I followed him all the way to his room, he put off his coat, picked some clothes from the closet and went to the bathroom. He came out wearing black trousers with no shirt on, I was nervous as it was our first night but he didn't even look at me once. He went straight to the bed and laid down to sleep. I waited for him to say something but he didn't, if he was tired he should have said so, ignoring me like this was really mean. Wasn't he the one who wanted to marry me? I was also tired so I went to the corner where my luggage lied, took out an evening gown and went to change. He was already fast asleep when I came back.
"Good night!" I whispered and went to sleep.

NEXT MORNING

When I woke up in the morning he was nowhere to be found. I came downstairs and saw him cooking in the kitchen.

"Come and eat" he said.

"Good morning!" I said with a smile.

"Oh, yeah! Morning!" was all he said.

"Do you enjoy cooking?"

He simply nodded.

"I guess you were very tired last night, you slept so early."

"Yeah,right."

We settled at the dining table. He served me some white sauce pasta. I took the first bite and the word "Wow!" came out so genuinely. The creamy texture was already tempting and the taste did justice to its appearance.

"Yummy! You know what, you're definitely a better cook than me. Be prepared to cook for me all the time." I couldn't help myself from smiling,isn't a husband who cooks well a blessing?

"Ma texted me in the morning, she was asking about our plans for our honeymoon. It all happened in such a hurry that we didn't even get to discuss about it before our marriage. So any places in your mind?"

I looked at him with keen interest but I didn't expect him to say, "I'm habitual of staying alone so could you please give me my space? I don't like to talk a lot either and as for honeymoon, we are not going anywhere. We've got a heavy workload at office and I'll need your help too. Take a few days to adjust and then help me at office."

"And yes , you can go on a vacation once there's no workload."

I was amazed, I didn't expect this and I realised that he didn't like me even a bit, forget about love and I guess that's why I didn't feel anything when he kissed me after the marriage vows were made.

10 days ago his father came to my house and asked for my hand for his son. My father used to work for him until a few years ago and so he couldn't reject his proposal as he thought that I could never get a better man than him.

"Why did you marry me?" I was curious but he didn't even cast a look at me and went with his plate to the kitchen sink followed by me with my plate in my hands. I was expecting an answer, I kept looking at him but he took the plate from my hands, washed it and said "I'm leaving" and left for office.I was speechless, I kept standing beside the kitchen sink with troubled mind.