introduction

January 2003

"Congratulations, you've got yourself a beautiful and healthy baby boy" the nurse handed me my baby boy as Joel sat beside me in the hospital bed "Oh my gosh, he's beautiful" I said with happy tears streaming down my face. "you did so good mama" Joel said kissing my forehead.

"you wanna hold him?" I asked Joel as he was admiring the little boy. "yes please" I handed him over to my husband. "hi buddy, you're so small" he smiled at the boy.

"Have we got a name?" the nurse asked with a smile. "Jacob. Jacob Miller" Joel and I looked at each other as we said our baby boy's name at the same time.

Joel and I met in 1993, I was Sarah's preschool teacher, He was one of the many single dads that tried to pick me up on a daily basis. But he wasn't one of them, he was different, a good different. We started dating in 94', we got married in 96' ,bought our house in 97' and now we just had our first child together. I guess i achieved every girls dream. A stable job, an incredible husband, a baby boy, a beautiful stepdaughter and a home.

What I didn't know is that the world would turn to shit, i would lose almost everything i had and i would become a person i never thought i'd become in a million years if not ever.

A/N:

helloooo, I'm elle! i hope you found this small introduction interesting, chapter 1 is on its way! :)