2

The day was over, I was exhausted at the least. I went and picked up Jacob from the nursery, he was asleep which I was grateful for as he can get very cranky at this time of day. I got a text from Sarah saying that she was going to get the bus home, which was fine by me.

I got home and put Jacob down for a nap while I got some extra work done. I heard the door open, seeing Sarah. "hey you, did you go next door?".

"yeah, I also borrowed Curtis and Viper 2 from them"

"ah your dads' favourite movie"

"Hey, is everything okay like, on the news?" Sarah asks me as she sits on the sofa with me as I type away on my computer. "like what?" I ask. "well, no, there was just a lot of police and stuff on the road today". "Isn't that like every day? I'm sure everything is fine Sarah, just normal crime shit going on as usual" I smile at her. "yeah true".

it just turned 9 pm and Joel wasn't home yet, Sarah and I waited on the couch watching some episodes of Friends, our favourite.

it then was 10pm, finally hearing the keys jangling and a tired-looking Joel walk in. "it's 10" I say.

"I know, they gave us the wrong size for the header- I'm sorry that doesn't mean anything to ya"

"It's fine, as long as you're home, that's all that matters"

"ok here's your present" Sarah puts a box in front of Joel. "you got me a present? He smiles. "you got him a present? with what money?" I question.

"Drugs. I sell hardcore drugs" she grins "It was only $20, which I stole from you" she points at me. "sarah-"

"hey I could have stolen 60 but I put the rest back because I'm an honest thief"

"ok that's fair" I say, I hear Jacob start to cry "ill be right back".

"hi buddy, wanna come see daddy?" I say to the little boy as I carry him out to the living room as Joel takes him. "ok open it" Sarah tells Joel. in the box was a watch, Joel's watch that broke years ago that he never got fixed.

"fixed it for ya" Sarah smiles. "wow" Joel puts the watch to his ear.

"What?"

"I can't hear anything?"

"what no really" she grabs the watch putting it to her ear making an annoyed face "That was lame"

"I know" he laughs

we popped in a movie, Sarah and I shortly fell asleep, I was snugged into Joel's side as Jacob fell asleep in his arms.

I heard the phone ring but I knew Joel would pick it up, so I stayed where i was. Joel got up and carried Jacob to his crib, then carried Sarah to her bed.

"what's going on?" I asked him in a sleepy tone

"I've gotta go get Tommy"

"What why? joel it's late"

"I know honey, go to bed, ill be back soon, okay?" he kissed my forehead before heading out the door.